PDA

View Full Version : mini maxi carpet or rock flower anenome

menelaos
04/06/2016, 07:48 AM
Hello everyone, I currently have a 90 gal tank. It is stocked with fish, inverts and a hand full of soft and lps corals, i have a RBTA for my clowns. I was looking into adding a few smaller more stationary anemones for color and hopefully to host my porcelains crabs and etc.. not mainly my clowns.

I know you do not want to many types of different anemones in a tank, but i would like to add a pair of either the rocks or mini carpets to start a small garden as they call it, as both species don't move a lot and can be side by side with there own type.

I just wonder what is my best option/pros and cons of these two options. any help would be appreciated. Hopefully soon im getting impatient lol :D

thanks

ReefDoberman
04/06/2016, 11:13 AM
They both move a lot

enchelycore808
04/06/2016, 01:51 PM
They can move a bit but definitely not as much as your BTA. Get them both! At a one point I had 13 maxi, 6 rfa, 4 BTA and 1 haddoni all in one tank.

menelaos
04/06/2016, 06:53 PM
I like your thinking get them both, I thought about that at first but worried it may be two much, that's why I wanted info to help me decide, I like them both but only know a bit what I read about them

garygb
04/07/2016, 08:47 AM
I have both in the same tank. And they are both stationary and make a good "garden anemone."

menelaos
04/07/2016, 02:21 PM
nice i will start out with 2 of one or the other and take it slow from there

ulli
04/10/2016, 04:15 PM
They both move a lot

I have kept a few Minimaxis and Rocks and they don't move a lot.
Out of my 4 minimaxi i have had in over 4 years not one has moved.
The rocks on the other hand will move when disturbed or feel uncomfortable.

menelaos
04/11/2016, 09:00 AM
cool not sure what ones im gona start out with first, wich is the less agressive of the two

Deefish714
04/11/2016, 09:28 AM
I agree with everyone when they state they don't move as much or at all. Mine found thier spots and planted never moved after that. Very easy anemones to maintain IMO

Maritimer
04/11/2016, 04:29 PM
I've got several of each in my 65. The first one added (rock flower) climbed up his rock a few inches, and one other rock flower moved a little bit to actually grab hold of his, but other than that, they're pretty stationary. In fact, a couple of the maxi-minis (and a Bali blood-red mini-carpet) attached themselves to areas that are rather too dark and shadowy for my liking - but won't come out into the light to play.

~Bruce