PDA

View Full Version : New owner of a doser 2, have a few questions

flananuts
04/07/2016, 05:06 AM
I received my doser 2 standalone this evening and I was very pleased that I could communicate over my iPhone app with the doser immediately. Building in its own wifi hotspot was a brilliant move. As I'm new to dosing I had a few questions.

1. Do people use one way check valves on their dosing lines and if so which line do you use, intake or output?
2. What is the ID for the dosing line? I need to purchase more than what came with my containers.
3. I plan on placing this in my cabinet with my sump as high as possible. Will I run into issues doing this?
4. When do most people initiate their dosing schedules? Is there a reason not to dose in the night time versus daytime?

Thanks.

doggydoc
04/07/2016, 07:44 AM
Congrats.
Enjoy. Great piece of equipment.
I never used one way valves but my Doser was always higher than containers and sump.
You can use regular clear tubing they sell it at HD/Lowes.

You shouldn't have any issues.
Just be sure Doser is in a splash free area.

Depending on what you dose.
If dosing two part I used to dose most of the two part-alkalinity- at night
But still had do sings during daytime.
Mainly for pH levels to stay equal throughout the day.
But honestly I don't think it matters as long as you space all do sings evenly throughout the day.

Enjoy the Doser
Awesome piece of equipment IMO

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

reefwiser
04/07/2016, 08:16 AM
I use check valves on the outlet lines of the pump as my lines go up and into the rear of my IM Fusion 40 tank, Its always a good practice when the outlet is above your pump.

flananuts
04/07/2016, 10:28 AM
Ah makes sense all the way around. My dose will be well above the sump and definitely splash free. I may have I rotate the heads just so I can see the GHL lit up [emoji1]. Thanks for the input. I'm going to dose AF component 1,2,3 as I continue to add more LPS and SPS frags to the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny@GHLUSA
04/07/2016, 11:13 AM
I received my doser 2 standalone this evening and I was very pleased that I could communicate over my iPhone app with the doser immediately. Building in its own wifi hotspot was a brilliant move. As I'm new to dosing I had a few questions.

1. Do people use one way check valves on their dosing lines and if so which line do you use, intake or output?
2. What is the ID for the dosing line? I need to purchase more than what came with my containers.
3. I plan on placing this in my cabinet with my sump as high as possible. Will I run into issues doing this?
4. When do most people initiate their dosing schedules? Is there a reason not to dose in the night time versus daytime?

Thanks.

Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying our GHL Doser 2.

1. Check valves are not necessary since you are going to have the doser placed above the sump.
2. Our tubing adapters will take regular 1/4" tubing. As Antonio mentioned, you can get this at Home Depot or Lowes.
3. No issues there, as long as you can still see the led status light. For example, it will start blinking when one of your dosing containers are running low or need a refill.
4. That's totally up to you. :) I personally have my doser set on auto mode which means that it automatically doses evenly throughout the day.

If you ever get stuck trying to figure out how to use a certain feature, let us know. This forum has a very supportive group of individuals including myself who will help you out. We also have our dedicated support forum here:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forumdisplay.php?3-English&langid=2

You can also send us an email when you need support:
info@ghlusa.com