PDA

View Full Version : AI Prime vs Reefbreeder Nano-lite vs Onyx -- Nano sps

Rakie
04/09/2016, 04:36 AM
I do not want t5 --

Which of these options best fits a nano looking to keep SPS? Current tank is only 16x13x14, but i plan to upgrade to a 20x20x12.

Please let me know any suggestions, im solidly stuck on this decision.

Djturna4thakidz
04/09/2016, 08:45 AM
That's a tough size for t5, I would look at Nanobox. Dave makes some cool custom stuff. I have a light with two t5s and two LED clusters. I don't have much SPS yet, since my tank is new but my rainbow monti is growing and it came from under MH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakie
04/09/2016, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I know T5 is just the MO here, or mixed with T5 -- And for good reason! But I do not want T5, for many reasons personally.

I looked at the Nanobox and they're cool but they're actually undersized as I do plan to upgrade

Coralmassa
04/09/2016, 06:48 PM
I've got three primes and I can say they do have potential for growing sps. Primes however have a few quirks- the uv led is very strong and can easily burn corals, and my red led has a strong tendency to grow hair algae. The controllability is comprehensive but after over a year I have yet to find a setting that really brings the corals colors out. Shading is also an issue. My few pieces of lps and my one hitchhiker mushroom can't get enough of it though. Can't speak for the others but if I could do it over I would get a slimmer led and supplement with t5s somehow. Kessils could be a good alternative.