PDA

View Full Version : Blotchy Anthia mystery

xanthurum
04/09/2016, 07:17 AM
I am having some weird issues with my Borbonius. I purchased a pair a few months ago and started QT along with a few other fish also purchased at the same time. They both began eating immediately and got along with well with all other fish.
Fast foreword 2 months just days before I was going to transfer all fish to the display and 1 developed what appeared to be swim bladder issues. It began kinda floating around but was still eating its swimming became more erratic as well. A few more days and it was no longer eating and was really floating unable to stay upright or have any control. I moved all the other fish to the display and performed minor surgery to relieve the swim bladder. The little guy came thru the procedure rather well and was finally able to stay submerged but that was about all it could do. At times it could get upright and swim somewhat but it was very jerky and uncoordinated when it did. It never ate again and eventually died.
Fast forward to now and it seems my other one is starting down this same road. It's eating but less and less each day and doesn't swim around like it used to and appears to be swimming in the same jerky darting way until it wedges itself into a crevice.
All parameters are perfect and I don't have many fish although the Lineatus wrasses isn't a fan of the Anthia I have never seen any major aggression and there is no fin damage.

albano
04/09/2016, 07:52 AM
What were you feeding the anthias?

xanthurum
04/09/2016, 07:57 AM
I only feed Larrys frozen foods

albano
04/09/2016, 01:51 PM
Sounds like problem that others have had with angels that were fed Larry's! Maybe you should research that...

xanthurum
04/10/2016, 08:42 PM
Getting started on that research. Thanks for the heads up and update on my remaining Anthia is I haven't seen it today and yesterday when I did see it, it wasn't good poor thing can't swim.

SkullV
06/08/2016, 05:14 PM
Sounds like problem that others have had with angels that were fed Larry's! Maybe you should research that...

Any more info on this? I also had an issue with a borb and also was feeding exclusively Larry's.