PDA

View Full Version : Best skimmer for 600g display

btjack2
04/09/2016, 08:40 PM
I will be setting up a 600gallon display with around 100-150 gallon sump. My plan is mixed reef with large tangs, angels, triggers etc... It will be a slow build but will eventually be heavily stocked. I was debating between sm250 and sm300. What is your advice? Thanks

slief
04/09/2016, 09:00 PM
I will be setting up a 600gallon display with around 100-150 gallon sump. My plan is mixed reef with large tangs, angels, triggers etc... It will be a slow build but will eventually be heavily stocked. I was debating between sm250 and sm300. What is your advice? Thanks

For a display that large, I'd lean towards the Supermarin 300 or Deluxe 300 as opposed to the Supermarin 250. Either would be great options. The Deluxe would dry skim better and could easily be adjusted for wet skimming. The Supermarin would be better suited for wet skimming. Given your display size, I'd probably lean towards the Deluxe 300 over the Supermarin because it would be a bit more flexible in terms of a lighter load for the skimmer size yet it could also handle anything you wanted to add to your display.