PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a clam? I have a CBB and Flame Angel

oseymour
04/11/2016, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking of getting a clam and I have a few questions.

Which one should I get? I'm looking for one that will stay in my 4 foot 75 gallon tank for a while.

I have good lighting, Kassil AP700 in the middle and 2 Kessil A160 on the ends.

Will my Cobberband and/or Flame Angel bother it? I know it's a hit or miss with individual fish but do these types generally cause issues?

Reefstarter2
04/11/2016, 04:29 PM
The flame angel probably will but like you said hit or miss, I wouldn't chance it myself . I don't know about the CBB

MondoBongo
04/13/2016, 01:45 PM
my copperband does not bother either of my clams. your mileage may vary, but he seems content to eat every last acan in my tank.

as for which type, depends on your space allocation. you certainly could fit a T. derasa on your sand bed, but i would expect at some point to have to clear a large portion of the sand for it to live on, since they get quite large.

T. crocea will stay fairly small compared to the others. so if you have a spot high up in your rocks, that could be a nice addition.

T. (maxima/ningaloo/noae) is another that would likely fit well, with their adult size being slightly larger than a T. crocea, but not remarkably so.

T. squamosa would likely get too large as well. they're not as large as T. derasa, but they can attain sizes upwards of 15"

i don't keep flame angels, so i can't comment there. although i am always highly suspicious of any angels in a reef, save for Genicanthus spp.

OrionN
04/13/2016, 08:07 PM
I have CBB and Flame Angels in my tank with clams and no problem

vashawn
04/22/2016, 12:11 PM
I have a flame angel, no cbb, the flame just swim past the clam. i have never seen him try to pick at him .
i it s hit or mis bro