PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hilarious old tank thread!

SailfishX
04/16/2016, 05:49 PM
Hi!

I'm searching for an hilarious old tank blog. The search engine gives me no specific hits on my key words.:reading:

I remember a few years ago reading a long tank blog that turned totally hilarious because the thread starter kept asking the forum for help and inputs, then following that up by totally ignoring any advices he was given.
I know that it is not that unique to this one thread, but it seemed to be one of the reason for why the build got so out of hand.
The system was quite large (>400G), if I recall correctly.
The tank owner had been out of the reefing hobby for a while and very eager to get his new super duper crazy tank going.
The thread got more and more ridiculous, to the point where forum members posted pictures of a star trek command central (to illustrate how complex they thought that the electrical work was) and a robot monster (as a joke that the tank had evolved and ended up eating the owner).:lolspin:
The thread starter ended posting, but the thread had gotten a life by its own with jokes and ridicule.

Another clue that I remember was someone posting a picture of a burnt down house, illustrating what that forum member thought had happened and therefor why the thread starter had seemingly vanished in thin air.:lmao:

I would so love to find and read this thread again, as it was an amazing piece of entertainment. Yeah, so good in fact, that I'm sitting here at 01:44 in the night typing this cry for help relocating this tank blog, despite me having an written opthalmology exam on Monday:rollface:

If someone could maybe help me out finding this thread, that would be awesome!:thumbsup:

Devaji108
04/17/2016, 09:41 AM
ok now I want to read that thread too!

Bent
04/19/2016, 12:59 PM
you check the archives? I know exactly what thread your talking about.

SailfishX
04/19/2016, 01:56 PM
you check the archives? I know exactly what thread your talking about.
I did a general search here on RC for key words like "robot monster", "command central", "evolve and eat owner", "where did the thread starter go" etc. but no specific hits :headwally:

Could you try some searches? Maybe you remember something more specific, and/or are just more search savvy then me:bounce1:

Antics
04/20/2016, 04:27 PM
I didn't know I needed this until I saw your descriptive summary. Hope someone drops the source!