PDA

View Full Version : Mpys Fishtank

mpy18
04/17/2016, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

Just created an account and wanted to show a video of my tank I just took.

The lighting is a 48" Photon V2 and it changed the look of my entire tank, so I went out today and bought two nice pieces of rock. The four sgt generals were in a bag being acclimated at the store from a fresh pickup, so I just took them as well :)

We will see how everyone gets along in the coming days and weeks!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqL4AT07fQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mpy18
04/17/2016, 03:55 PM
Here is another I filmed with my D5500 35mm lens, the manual focusing may or may not be annoying for you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OZKFV1iklYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MidwestReefa
04/17/2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks for sharing your tank

dbigfoot111
04/17/2016, 11:18 PM
thank you for sharing, good stuff!!!

mpy18
04/18/2016, 08:49 AM
Thanks for even watching it! Appreciate it :)

jmm
04/18/2016, 09:10 AM
Sergeant Majors

heathlindner25
04/18/2016, 01:59 PM
Looks like the Sargents have already excluded one,and the lawnmower - dragon gobys don't like each other.Hopefully they will settle in...

heathlindner25
04/18/2016, 03:45 PM
Your tank does look nice, and my observations could be off..... I was just trying to foresee any aggression problems for you, the tank Harmony seamed off when I watched the video that's all.

mpy18
04/18/2016, 05:16 PM
Jmm, I realized that earlier today when I reread it, I guess general sounded better at the time, I'll correct it thanks :)

Heath, glad you pointed it out, as I noticed all of it as well. The aggression between the lawnmower and the dragon started just this past day or two, I haven't seen it before for weeks/months.

The Sergeants I have noticed swim in 3 + 1 but as well as all 4 together. No aggression toward the solo one that I have noticed so far.

I haven't really had much luck over the years with harmony, I've had many aggressive fish in the past but this time around I am trying to stick with small active friendly fish. The majors are definitely friendly, coming up to the glass and following my fingers, like clownfish and puffers.

The clown has always shown the little bit of aggression towards everything, but it seems like its more of a warning than anything, never has he physically hurt anything.

heathlindner25
04/18/2016, 05:24 PM
Sorry if I sounded a bit rude but I was only trying to help. Pretty much every fish you have in that system is aggressive except the yellow coris wrasse.

mpy18
04/18/2016, 05:31 PM
Not rude at all, any and all input is really appreciated, I'm no expert myself :)

The wrasse is very peaceful, he disappeared on me the first day, I thought my lionfish ate him. He was just buried under the sand lol. I brought my lion back to the store though, he was too much.

I thought this tank was somewhat peaceful, maybe that's why I have no luck with my fish, as I have the wrong impression of most of them hah. I would like a peaceful tank at least. I enjoy the lively activity, which I feel I just got the other day.

heathlindner25
04/18/2016, 05:45 PM
Maybe everything will work out, a lot of times fish learn to get along with each other....is the coris back out? The lawnmower and dragon look too much alike... Not a match made in heaven. Damsels are just vicious, and you couldn't have picked a meaner clownfish.....

mpy18
04/18/2016, 06:06 PM
Yeah the coris came out that next day and has been ever since, he's a great fish around the tank, no one bothers him either. Yeah a lot of friends get the two of them confused, the never seen either of them go after each other, but I'll post another video soon.

I got two clownfish together, there was a much bigger one, that died only a few days in the tank, it was discolored next to an anemone, it would sleep inside the same one, so who knows. Maybe poisoned from the lionfish. I actually had a video uploaded of them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dZa1ZMZxs0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

heathlindner25
04/18/2016, 06:15 PM
This hobby is a marathon not a Sprint.