PDA

View Full Version : LED lighting for 29 gallon

Oaktree15
04/17/2016, 11:16 PM
I have a 29 gallon tank, it's a fowlr but I just added a pulsing Xenia. I like the "blue" look to it at night. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a lighting that will help my Xenia and make my tank look a lot better. Xenia doesn't need crazy lighting and I don't plan to grow any other corals so I don't need anything crazy. Just looking for the look I want and something that will help the Xenia grow a little better. (The tanks light/hood is the standard from what it came with) the lights I have are like strips of lights if that helps. Maybe I can buy a strip with the blue light I'm looking for but like the daylight look for the day. Here is my tank.

win
04/18/2016, 12:32 PM
I like Zetlight. They have this strip light version that only has blue and royal blue LEDs. Looks super crazy awesome. Although, I do like the blue LED to look at, but I do have trouble taking quality pictures on my iPhone :/..

Desert Sea
04/18/2016, 04:18 PM
I have a 29g planted FW tank that I light with a Fluval 2.0 fresh and plant. They make the same fixture in a SW version. The FW version had the highest Par rating when I was shopping for a light and the wifi adapter let me program the sunrise, sunset and length of moonlight to the schedule that worked best for my tank and daily routine. I only run it at 45% power. It's way too bright otherwise. If the marine version is like the FW version it should work well for your needs.

Oaktree15
04/20/2016, 02:20 AM
Looks like a good light but I saw the touch button is a little finicky, do you have the touch button on yours? How is it?