PDA

View Full Version : Tube anemone (ceriantharians)

Rotorocious
04/19/2016, 08:38 AM
Probably my favorite thing in my tank. Well during a water change the water flow knocked him loose and into my power head. [emoji58]. Hard to photograph in my tank and get it's pink color, so sorry for the pictures. He'll be going into a big tank with a deeper sand bed soon.

Surprisingly it looks just fine and was out again the same day with a haircut.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160419/2df7495403f065e961e0559a587baeab.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160419/c3d8df27c8cdccf23bd0f44ebbfd7356.jpgsecond picture is what it looked like pre haircut

Mioduz
04/26/2016, 08:02 PM
I love my tube anemone colors are awesome. But they sting is incredibility potent and they kill anything they come in contact with

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rotorocious
04/26/2016, 08:42 PM
I love my tube anemone colors are awesome. But they sting is incredibility potent and they kill anything they come in contact with

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Has yours killed anything?
I've seen my clowns touch it before, they freaked out for a few seconds but they were fine.

hotelbravo
04/29/2016, 10:38 PM
one thing i always thought was neat was that the tube anemone is not actually an anemone at all. Also it will not host anything as even clownfish get frequently eaten by tube anemones.

Reef Frog
05/04/2016, 02:33 PM
I've kept one for 5 years or so. Very hardy & attractive. I've never had a problem with it. Fish seem to know enough to avoid it. IMO it is not a danger to a healthy fish. IMO the "fish eater" label is highly exaggerated. A sick fish struggling aimlessly on the bottom? Perhaps.

Contrary to most recommendations, mine is in about 2-3 inches of sand. The tube is laid out horizontally and the tentacled head pops out as normal. It's been in the same location all this time. They don't necessarily need to be oriented vertically in a deep sand bed, although that is probably how they burrow themselves in their natural habitat.

ponokareefer
09/03/2016, 07:07 AM
I've kept one for 5 years or so. Very hardy & attractive. I've never had a problem with it. Fish seem to know enough to avoid it. IMO it is not a danger to a healthy fish. IMO the "fish eater" label is highly exaggerated. A sick fish struggling aimlessly on the bottom? Perhaps.

Contrary to most recommendations, mine is in about 2-3 inches of sand. The tube is laid out horizontally and the tentacled head pops out as normal. It's been in the same location all this time. They don't necessarily need to be oriented vertically in a deep sand bed, althoughat do h that is probably how they burrow themselves in their natural habitat.

How often do you feed it and what do you feed it?

kichimark
09/03/2016, 08:52 PM
I have three in a 2 inch sand bed and they are fine. I feed them twice a week a little bit of mysis and pods. They seem to like smaller foods.

badbreath
09/25/2016, 12:26 PM
I have three in a 2 inch sand bed and they are fine. I feed them twice a week a little bit of mysis and pods. They seem to like smaller foods.
Will they eat pellets?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk