PDA

View Full Version : Qt question

itz frank
04/20/2016, 11:28 AM
I made the mistake of not QTing a new fish that was going into my upgraded display. I know. Stupid.

Well, I think that fish and a few others are showing signs of ich. It's been three days and I noticed a clown scratching every now and then. New blenny has some minor white on his head and white dots on fins.

I have about 10 fish. Mostly small. But my hospital tank might need to be set up in my garage. Would this be ok to the health of the fish? I've house a QT there before when I purchased a used tank. Seemed to be fine. But no meds were used.

This is pre-problem. I don't know that ones exists yet but I'm getting everything in order because I'll need a set up for future QT anyways.

Thanks you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krullshards
04/20/2016, 01:01 PM
I made the mistake of not QTing a new fish that was going into my upgraded display. I know. Stupid.

Well, I think that fish and a few others are showing signs of ich. It's been three days and I noticed a clown scratching every now and then. New blenny has some minor white on his head and white dots on fins.

I have about 10 fish. Mostly small. But my hospital tank might need to be set up in my garage. Would this be ok to the health of the fish? I've house a QT there before when I purchased a used tank. Seemed to be fine. But no meds were used.

This is pre-problem. I don't know that ones exists yet but I'm getting everything in order because I'll need a set up for future QT anyways.

Thanks you in advance.

Why do you think it wouldn't be ok? Are you planning on running the cars with the garage doors closed? :lmao:

As long as you can control the temperature in the tank, I don't see why not.

itz frank
04/20/2016, 01:31 PM
I guess high temps are the issue. I live in Miami. Might be 95 in their sometimes.

krullshards
04/20/2016, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah, that would definitely be a problem. While heaters are cheap, chillers are definitely not.