PDA

View Full Version : Help! White spot everywhere!

Nyfg
04/20/2016, 01:35 PM
Hi guys,

Please bear with me as I'm new here! After returning home from work today I noticed my Regal Tang is covered in white spots, I've also noticed there are some on a few rocks and crabs shells. The tang doesn't look great, swimming on its side, the other fish in the tank are crowding round it almost knowing it is sick. I had the water tested at the weekend and everything was ok, did a water change on Saturday. The tank has way more algae in it too at this stage after a water change.
I've said a lot but hopefully someone can advise me!
Thanks

krullshards
04/20/2016, 02:47 PM
Hi guys,

Please bear with me as I'm new here! After returning home from work today I noticed my Regal Tang is covered in white spots, I've also noticed there are some on a few rocks and crabs shells. The tang doesn't look great, swimming on its side, the other fish in the tank are crowding round it almost knowing it is sick. I had the water tested at the weekend and everything was ok, did a water change on Saturday. The tank has way more algae in it too at this stage after a water change.
I've said a lot but hopefully someone can advise me!
Thanks

I think it unlikely that the white spots on the fish are related to the white spots on the rock and crab shells. A picture would help.

If it is ich or velvet a freshwater dip can bring some immediate relief and give you time to treat properly. If it is velvet then your other fish are in real danger..

Post a pic and maybe one of the more knowledgeable people can chime in.

Nyfg
04/20/2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. Im struggling to upload couple of pictures, keep getting an error?! The spots on the tang look like white pimples to me. Let's hope it's not velvet!!!

snorvich
04/20/2016, 03:11 PM
Sounds like ich. A freshwater dip will not help. Please read here (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2389659).

Nyfg
04/20/2016, 03:29 PM
Thanks for that link Steve, some interesting reading!
I've only had the tang since Saturday so could have already been infected in theory??

snorvich
04/20/2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks for that link Steve, some interesting reading!
I've only had the tang since Saturday so could have already been infected in theory??

Absolutely.