PDA

View Full Version : How To Wire The Aquatronica ACQ445 T5 Dimming Module

RobbyG
04/20/2016, 03:39 PM
Here is the Wiring Diagram.

http://www.aquariumcontrollers.com/Aquatronica/ACQ445_%20T5_Wiring.jpg

RobbyG
04/21/2016, 11:20 PM
I have never used the ACQ445 but it would seem to me that the 12V relay switching on the mains power would not be necessary. I see no reason why the mains cannot be directly plugged into a socket on the powerbar and then just set a timer program to turn on the mains a minute before you start the the T5 modules dimming program and turn off the plug a minute after the lights are dimmed to 0V.

If someone who has used one knows why the relay is needed please post the reason.

hani
04/24/2016, 04:35 AM
Hi, I am about to order one, I think the reason is first there light fixture most likely has the relay built in so you can save wasting a socket.
I think it will work if you use a profilux EVG card that has a relay built in but you still need a fixed +12 v which you may able to do as the module takes 12 v power supply. The EVG card can controls to ballast independently at the same time.

RobbyG
04/25/2016, 02:57 AM
Thanks that makes sense. I have never owned a dimmable T5 fixture so I did not realize most of them came with a 12v relay. I guess if you can save a few controller outlets it's the way to go.

For those fixtures that don't have relays I think wiring two ballast to one plug would work fine for each powerbar socket.

RobbyG
10/11/2016, 03:27 PM
Bump for Rogger

Rogger Castells
10/11/2016, 05:29 PM
Yes I got the relay and it comes with that diagram my question was more of comparability with a Reefbrite xho fixture that I got, I am not sure if all led's are dimmable or not, o will hate to splice the reefbrite wire and possibly break the light

RobbyG
10/13/2016, 07:39 PM
I suggest that you right click and save the diagram above and then attach it to an email to Reefbrite and get there opinion.

Rob

Rogger Castells
10/13/2016, 07:53 PM
I did exactly that a few days ago, but I haven’t gotten a direct response on how to connect it, however they said that it will work