PDA

View Full Version : What size tanks for TTM?

itz frank
04/21/2016, 05:38 AM
I have about 11 fish that need to be pulled from display for what I believe is ich. I haven't confirmed yet because it seems early but I'm starting to gather equipment.

Fish count:
G angel 3"
Two wrasse
Two clowns
Firefish
Two cardinals
Two blennies

I already have one 20 gallon but I'm not sure this will make for a suitable environment for the number of fish.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmorty217
04/21/2016, 06:14 AM
40g breeders would be good for the fish you have or you could probably get buy using some 20g long tanks

itz frank
04/21/2016, 06:45 AM
40g breeders would be good for the fish you have or you could probably get buy using some 20g long tanks

Thank you for your advice. I'll let a few there chime in. I think regardless I'll get a 40breeder for QT observation tank.

A 40gal just seems like it might be a huge amount of water to do 4 TT on. But I suppose it's that kind of thinking that got me here.

Dmorty217
04/21/2016, 08:57 AM
Thank you for your advice. I'll let a few there chime in. I think regardless I'll get a 40breeder for QT observation tank.

A 40gal just seems like it might be a huge amount of water to do 4 TT on. But I suppose it's that kind of thinking that got me here.

It is a lot of water to mix and be thrown out every 72 hrs but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. I would never fill the 40g up completely during the TTM rather 3/4 full at the most. A 40g would be good for observation after the TTM is complete like you mentioned

snorvich
04/21/2016, 08:59 AM

If you can have an observation tank for afterwords, then if you put a small number through TTM rather than all at once, , a 10 gallon or less is fine. Many use 5 gallon buckets.

itz frank
04/21/2016, 09:11 AM
If you can have an observation tank for afterwords, then if you put a small number through TTM rather than all at once, , a 10 gallon or less is fine. Many use 5 gallon buckets.

Well, I guess first concern is display going fallow. I believe I have ich in display. TTMing a few at a time means fallow being delayed another month.

snorvich
04/21/2016, 09:18 AM
Well, I guess first concern is display going fallow. I believe I have ich in display. TTMing a few at a time means fallow being delayed another month.

Fallow should be 72 days.

itz frank
04/21/2016, 09:21 AM
Fallow should be 72 days.

Yes. But if I TTM partial at a time, fallow won't start until last fish is in TTM.

Or are you saying to put them in observation first and TTM half

snorvich
04/21/2016, 09:33 AM
How long has it been fallow now?

itz frank
04/21/2016, 09:52 AM
Currently has fish. Fallow hasn't started.

snorvich
04/21/2016, 09:58 AM
Assuming 4 fish at a time, that is three TTM cycles of 12 days each. If they go into observation, you still have a lot of remaining fallow time.

itz frank
04/21/2016, 10:05 AM
Assuming 4 fish at a time, that is three TTM cycles of 12 days each. If they go into observation, you still have a lot of remaining fallow time.

I'm slightly confused and I appreciate your patience and assistance.

You're suggesting all go into observation and then TTM separately? Or TTM from display four at a time, then into observation collectively?

If the first, how would I keep observation clean of Ich?

snorvich
04/21/2016, 10:26 AM
Or TTM from display four at a time, then into observation collectively?

This.