PDA

View Full Version : Indecisive about buying

fernalfer
04/21/2016, 09:14 AM
Ok i have a 120 gallon 48x24x24 tank. I have been looking to get these lights. Only problem is i have not seen to many reviews on these lights and not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I wish i could see some pics or videos with people having these lights. One of my main concerns is i don't want a disco party in my tank. Do people who own these light see that to be a problem? I do want shimmer but not overwhelming shimmer.

I would also like to do SPS down the road. Would these lights be able to support SPS corals?

Any help on this subject would be great. I'm at the stage in my build where lights need to be bought, just need to know which ones to buy.

Reef_Breeders
04/21/2016, 03:49 PM
Hi,

The Photon 48-V2 would be a great fit for your tank, you can keep sps no problem.

There isn't really a disco effect- we blend the colors in a way that prevents this. You can also turn the greens/red down or off if you would like, those are the only colors really prone to spotting.

I look forward to hearing from more people who have bought these, there are some reviews on the website that come from people who ordered, and there is also a youtube video that has been posted about the 24-v2:

https://youtu.be/cI-k9KHzuSg

cnreef
04/21/2016, 07:09 PM
You will find a lot of good reviews from these lights here in the sponsor forum. Also, Reef Breeders has some great customer service.

Jongalt26
04/26/2016, 09:16 AM
I have two 24" photon V2's on a 60" long 150 and i love them. On another private forum one member went from Radions, Hydras and a 3rd brand to the photons and loves them as well.

The main reason i stopped into this forum is to find out how i can control another photon on another tank in the same room. I certainly wouldnt entertain buying another one if i didnt like the first two lol