PDA

View Full Version : MP 40QD power supply extension

jwilliams860
04/21/2016, 04:49 PM
Do you all have a male to female extension that goes between the power supply and controller? Or could you give me the specs and I can see what I can find?

I have my controller mounted on my stand but want to mount the power supply and plug in my garage.

Thanks

jwilliams860
04/24/2016, 11:14 AM
nobody?

aquapod24
04/24/2016, 08:55 PM
Hi jWilliams I know Ecotech offered an extension that went from the controller to the dry side for $35 in the past. I am not 100% if they still offer that service. When they did offer that service you would have to send your Vortech in. I recommend calling them directly

jwilliams860
04/24/2016, 09:41 PM
Yea I knew about the extension for the dry side. I'm looking for the cable that goes from there power supply to the controller.

Hi jWilliams I know Ecotech offered an extension that went from the controller to the dry side for $35 in the past. I am not 100% if they still offer that service. When they did offer that service you would have to send your Vortech in. I recommend calling them directly

Alex Y EcoTech
04/26/2016, 08:39 AM
Do you all have a male to female extension that goes between the power supply and controller? Or could you give me the specs and I can see what I can find?

I have my controller mounted on my stand but want to mount the power supply and plug in my garage.

Thanks

We do not have any type of extension cable that we're able to able from your power supply to controller.

jnw240reef
04/26/2016, 08:45 AM

Thanks

Take the power supply to radio shack and get the right size DC connectors. Male and female and a length of wire, easy to build

jwilliams860
04/26/2016, 03:23 PM
was able to source one 12ft long, $8

CoralFiend
01/29/2017, 05:21 PM
I know this is an old thread, but it was mentioned earlier about a dry side extension cable. Is this still something that can still be done? I need a few extra feet of cable to mount my controller in my equipment cabinet that will be located next to the tank. Thanks.

Alex Y EcoTech
02/01/2017, 11:46 AM
I know this is an old thread, but it was mentioned earlier about a dry side extension cable. Is this still something that can still be done? I need a few extra feet of cable to mount my controller in my equipment cabinet that will be located next to the tank. Thanks.

Gary,

We can double the length of cable from your dryside motor to controller. That said, you will need to have the pump sent in and the upgrade costs $50. Please go to http://ecotechmarine.com/support/request-service/ and fill out our Return Materials Authorization form to receive the necessary email and other information you need to send in your product in for service.