PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious fish disappearing

saltwateraqua
04/21/2016, 09:32 PM
Okay so I got a questions I currently have a 29 gallon biocube that has been running for 8 months with upgraded in tank refugium and hydro slim skim skimmer ai prime lighting running at 50% I perform weekly 10% water changes and my parameters are perfect my salinity is 1.025 and temp 78.6 F currently I have had 5 fish go missing it starts they will swim towards the bottom breath really heavy and fast then by the next morning they are gone no trace of their body left not even ammonia spikes or anything currently the tank is empty but my question is what the he** is in the tank that can take out fish like this all I have invertebrate rise is a serpent starfish 2 Pom Pom crabs 2 cleaner shrimp 4 peppermint shrimp 1 fire shrimp 1 Halloween crab and 4 other crabs also one small BTA small polyp colony and several hammer corals whatever is in their has taken out 2 full size clownfish then 3 full size chromis all in the courses on one week what could it possible be also I am in the process of setting up a 150 gallon reef tank so I have a 55 gallon qt ready if it is a disease taking out the fish if I keep the tank fish less for 10 weeks can the disease die off without harmful in tank chemical treatment??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snorvich
04/22/2016, 04:57 AM
serpent starfish although crabs are also undesirable.

SaltwaterGuppy
06/18/2016, 07:20 PM
I would like to add to the questioning in that I have a 10 gallon currently with snails and guppies. I had a brother sister pair from before that lost relatives to hermits (or so I suspect), and an extra male. I acclimated another 3 females, of which one didn't make it, only to have the initial "extra male" and the sister vanish over night. No remains in the filter, no ammonia spike, and no clues as to what happened. Could snails and/or other copepods remove entire fishes in a matter of hours?