PDA

View Full Version : Kessil AP700 phone beta version

ScubaNemo
04/23/2016, 07:03 AM
Has anyone tried the new beta version for iPhones and androids from Kessil for the AP700 fixture?
I just sent the form to Kessil to allow me to try it out. Anyone tried it and can let us know what they think of it and what to expect?

JoJoTheClown
04/23/2016, 07:19 AM
Havent tested it but very interested. Is the form on their website?

ScubaNemo
04/23/2016, 07:33 AM
Havent tested it but very interested. Is the form on their website?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PUkz5hNOZx3Pqhw--p24Hl7FsWHljRZjQqC3GAp_lNk/viewform?c=0&w=1

mistaflicksta
04/23/2016, 10:44 AM
I am currently using it. Had to turn down the blues 5% and turn the reds and blues up 5%

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ScubaNemo
04/23/2016, 11:51 AM
Good to hear there is more color control, better than that not so functional color wheel. Can you make the lights slightly yellower to mimic the metal halides?

jmp998
04/23/2016, 11:59 AM
I am using it. There are still some bugs and missing features as expected for a closed beta. However overall I like it; it corrects my main complaint with the iPad version of the software as you can now add red and green onto the basic Kessil colors. Basically you pick one of the Kessil blue/white colors as a base, then add as much red and as much green as you like (red and green controlled separately-I added some red first then balanced it with a little less green to keep the overall light from looking pinkish). This makes the lighting overall look less flat and monochromatic to me, plus provides some enhancement of reds in LPS. I also like the new control interface which has both a slider and arrows, the latter making fine adjustments much easier. Overall it is much better than the original iPad software and when complete I think it will address most of the complaints about lack of controllability. However if you really want to have 7-8 different led colors, each completely independently controllable, the AP700 may still not be the best choice for you.

sean2sean
05/08/2016, 10:50 AM
I'm using the beta software right now. But for some reason I cannot get the programming to come on. It seems to reset itself everyday. I have to manually turn it on.

ScubaNemo
05/08/2016, 11:44 AM
I'm using the beta software right now. But for some reason I cannot get the programming to come on. It seems to reset itself everyday. I have to manually turn it on.

Contact Franco at Kessil lighting. He had been very helpful and answering any concerns or questions.

ScubaNemo
05/08/2016, 11:47 AM
I am using it. There are still some bugs and missing features as expected for a closed beta. However overall I like it; it corrects my main complaint with the iPad version of the software as you can now add red and green onto the basic Kessil colors. Basically you pick one of the Kessil blue/white colors as a base, then add as much red and as much green as you like (red and green controlled separately-I added some red first then balanced it with a little less green to keep the overall light from looking pinkish). This makes the lighting overall look less flat and monochromatic to me, plus provides some enhancement of reds in LPS. I also like the new control interface which has both a slider and arrows, the latter making fine adjustments much easier. Overall it is much better than the original iPad software and when complete I think it will address most of the complaints about lack of controllability. However if you really want to have 7-8 different led colors, each completely independently controllable, the AP700 may still not be the best choice for you.

I started using the iPhone beta version and liking it as well. With the red and green controllability I can get closer to the metal halide color that I like.
I suggested to Kessil to have intensity sliding bar for the moonlights as currently they are still too strong and the corals are not closing up all the way. Also maybe having a white moon light instead of the red, any the possibility of mixing the white and blue moonlight to get the shade of blue that you like.

frogspawn74
05/10/2016, 09:28 PM
A whole lot better from an ease of connectivity when you have several units. Color blending is great!!! Glad I have stayed with these from the start. Servicing has been well above par.