PDA

View Full Version : ATO using SpectraPure PH-115

Swampgoat
04/23/2016, 10:31 AM
My LFS has ordered the SpectraPure PH-115 for me to use as an ATO. I already have a pump to go with it.

The description of the product speaks of using a "sensitive air pressure switch" to energize or de-energize the AC outlet connected to the pump.

1. Can you explain how this works? It sounds like a barometer.

2. I'm going away for two weeks... this product should be okay? (presuming my pumps, reservoir, etc are okay)

3. The top 1 inch of my 24 gal Fluval tank is frosted glass. Is this immaterial?

Thanks for any thoughts.

SpectraPure
04/23/2016, 11:20 AM
As water rises in the sensor tube (mounted in the tank), the increasing pressure shuts off the sensitive pressure switch and outlet in the box. When the water level then drops about an inch, the switch turns the outlet back on.

It is as reliable as the water level control in your washing machine and works on the same principle.

No. Optics has nothing to do with it.

Support at SpectraPure

Swampgoat
04/23/2016, 01:52 PM
Thank you, that explanation makes sense to me. I look forward to using your product.

SpectraPure
05/23/2016, 01:51 AM
We have far more reliable products. The LLC-PH-115 is old technology. IF you do use that as an ATO. I would highly recommend a float at the other end.

IF you want a much better product that will be a far more suitable option please give me a call.

480-8945-5437 ext 2

Jeremy