PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish eggs ready to hatch early HELP

codyreed29
04/25/2016, 12:42 PM
My clowns laid last Wensday and they already have silver eyes on 90 percent of the eggs.

I don't get rotifers till wnesday.

Should I just let them hatch and wait for the next batch or is there anything i can try to keep them alive?

I thought I could put in some brine shrimp eggs and hope they eat pre bbs.

Should i just let nature take it's course and siphon out a few and see if they any live till wnsday?

Also i thought i could put a little net hing in my tank and just put them in there and hope for the best.

nuttyd
04/25/2016, 12:49 PM
You can try using hard boiled egg yolk in lieu of rotifers for the first couple days. Might have to change water more but it could get some to live till you get rotifers.

codyreed29
04/25/2016, 05:52 PM
how about activated yeast?

nuttyd
04/25/2016, 07:07 PM
Not sure. Never tried breeding clowns. Know egg yolk is used alot for fresh. Was tried in salt but rotifers were better with sucess rate. Might save some by trying.

nuttyd
04/29/2016, 09:53 AM
So did you manage to save any?

Jski90
05/13/2016, 01:34 PM
My clowns laid last Wensday and they already have silver eyes on 90 percent of the eggs.

I don't get rotifers till wnesday.

Should I just let them hatch and wait for the next batch or is there anything i can try to keep them alive?

I thought I could put in some brine shrimp eggs and hope they eat pre bbs.

Should i just let nature take it's course and siphon out a few and see if they any live till wnsday?

Also i thought i could put a little net hing in my tank and just put them in there and hope for the best.

I had this same problem. Some of the eggs hatched on day 7 or 8 and I tried frozen baby brine shrimp that I defrosted. They seemed to be eating it! But they didn't make it. I thought it might be because I still hadn't received my air pump so they didn't have enough air. I was stuck between let nature take its course or try something. When the rest hatched I didn't try to pull them out because I still didn't have the equipment needed to keep them alive. Maybe next time.