PDA

View Full Version : Antibacterial

spsrookie
04/25/2016, 03:33 PM
Preferred antibacterial med for a fish with cloudy eye? Will not be used in display, but in ttm.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

spsrookie
04/26/2016, 07:58 AM
Bump please help

Dmorty217
04/26/2016, 11:21 AM
Cloudy eyes or eye doesn't mean anything bacterial but rather ich or flukes more than likely

spsrookie
04/26/2016, 12:47 PM
Just ran second round of prazi, ten days total treatment. Copper has been in the water 6 months, I doubt it could be ich.

Water is def not clean as far as organics go, thinking it was bacterial...

Dmorty217
04/27/2016, 06:12 AM
Just ran second round of prazi, ten days total treatment. Copper has been in the water 6 months, I doubt it could be ich.

Water is def not clean as far as organics go, thinking it was bacterial...

Could also be velvet. Copper will only mask/ keep fish alive if they have it since the effective dose of copper for velvet is twice the lethal limit for fish.

LobsterOfJustice
04/28/2016, 05:06 AM
Tagging on to this question as I had a similar question to the OP...

I have a cleaner wrasse with a cloudy eye that I am trying to treat. I am also treating while in TTM. I had him in BiFuran+ for the first three days, but he took it real hard - layed at the bottom and didnt eat the whole time - so I switched to Nitrofuracin Green at the second transfer. He is acting much better with the NFG but I am not seeing improvement in the eye. I'm going to try formalin dipping him between transfers this weekend.

A question about using antibiotics during TTM - both the antibiotics I have used call for re-doses every 24h. I assumed this is because the active ingredient is only stable for about 24 hours and you are re-dosing to maintain theraputic dose. However, when I transferred the wrasse and I had a tank that had been dosed three days in a row (with partial water changes performed before each dose) next to one with a single dose, the tank that had been dosed three times was noticeably more green. Now I'm wondering, is there a cumulative effect to the repeated doses that gets interrupted by transferring the fish to a new tank (i.e. 100% water change, vs the partial water change before redosing that is recommended)?