PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish slow and discolored

Coachb9
04/25/2016, 03:34 PM
So I am fairly new to the hobby. I have had these 2 clownfish for a month or so. In the last 2 days, one of them starting acting lethargic and not eating. I noticed today that he was starting to discolor. The clown is also breathing very heavy.
I down know what may have caused this. The other clown is acting normal and eating, swimming etc.
I have a 20 gallon but having a 55 gallon that is currently in the cycling process. I do not have a QT. I don't want to jeopardize the other fish if this clown isn't going to make it. The 55 gallon still has an ammonia reading of 0.50 so I don't know if I should rush and put other fish in new tank and leave just clown in 20 gallon and try to treat him alone.
Other fish in the 20 gallon is a small yellow tang and a small blue spotted puffer.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Picture attached

snorvich
04/25/2016, 03:42 PM
Picture not definitive. From your description and timeline, sounds like brook or velvet.

Coachb9
04/25/2016, 04:24 PM
Would a basic ich treatment suffice to get rid of either of these diseases?
Should I treat entire tank?

snorvich
04/26/2016, 03:11 AM
Would a basic ich treatment suffice to get rid of either of these diseases? No
Should I treat entire tank?
all fish should be treated

Coachb9
04/26/2016, 04:27 AM
Woke up this morning and the clownfish was laying flat on the substrate with hermit crabs poking at him. I will keep my eye on the rest of the fish and treat the tank. Hopefully I can get it taken care of.