PDA

View Full Version : Any Questions About the Aquatronica Touch Review?

RobbyG
04/25/2016, 09:41 PM
If you want to ask any questions, I will try to answer them here. You can skip past what I have reviewed so far and touch on any subject. If I know the answer I will share what I know.

nickjj
04/29/2016, 10:05 PM
Great review so far Robby. I purchased the Touch when it was first released a couple of years ago and have been using it on my 200G and now my nano tank. I can also assist anyone with any questions as well.

It's basically plug and play but to get the best use out of it the program and sequence areas are where you can really customize how you want things to work.

hani
05/03/2016, 05:32 AM
Hi,
Can you set it for ATO to do the following:
If the water level down and the float is activated, I need the pump to run till the float is back to level , also I need to set up max time for the pump so if the float stuck it will not flood.
Thanks

nickjj
05/04/2016, 11:08 PM
You can set a timeout on any program which will turn off the plug connected to the top up pump in the event the float is stuck to prevent flooding. I set a timeout and also have the controller email me of the condition. The controller itself can also be triggered to have an audible alarm beep as well.

roosterchef
05/26/2016, 06:58 PM
Can the AQ Touch be used to control Kessil 360 (other than power on/off)?

RobbyG
05/27/2016, 10:23 AM
I don't see why not, since the Kessel 360 is a standard 0-10V controlled light.
Each ACQ445 Module should be able to handle Dim 4 of them. and you can use up to 4 modules.

Rob

RobbyG
06/30/2016, 01:02 PM
I am still waitin on the latest firmware version so I can move on with the review of it.
I am told it is almost ready for public release.

hani
07/14/2016, 03:59 PM
I would like to see your review as am planning to use the unit, the new firmware gone take for ever.
Thanks

RobbyG
07/16/2016, 08:34 PM
Hi Hani

I just got hold of the release on Friday. They are publicly releasing it "very soon", the delay they explained to me is because it has still not completed it's trial period yet, but the code is in their minds complete.

I am planning on installing it tomorrow, I will make some comments on it but no screen shots until they release it since I don't think they would appreciate that.

The good news is that it will give me time to prepare the review so that as soon as it goes live I should be able to publish it.

RobbyG
07/17/2016, 08:35 PM
The new version is 4.3 and so far it is running fine.

I have no idea what bugs it fixed, I will have to get a list from them. I have only had it up and running for two hours.

Three new items are added to device menu, one is I assume the Ecotech, the other the JB pump and the third one was an absolute pleasant surprise. I will let them tell you, as I think I would be over stepping if I announced it. I can only say that it is something that I have been looking forward to having on my controller.

They did a good deal of work on the LED lighting commands and graphing.

I will be testing it some more and report back.

Rob

hani
07/28/2016, 01:11 PM
Any update?

RobbyG
08/03/2016, 06:09 PM
Well guys a few weeks have passed and Aquatronica has yet to release the new update to the public. I am at a cross roads as to the question of starting to review the programming when changes are on there way or waiting. The real dilemma is that I don't know how much longer the wait will be.

I really should not talk too much about what new features they have added so let me talk about what they have not fixed, because I think that is the area that is annoying me the most.

1) They have not fixed the Fat lines in the Graphs !! I know, how hard could this be, just use a thinner line or take less samples. They graph itself is made of thin lines, why not the Trace?

2) Scales on the Graphs have been fixed and also broken. They are fixed on somethings but on other Graphs like salinity it's worst.

3) The Lock screen seems to have the same issues, I doubt the code was touched.

I would say almost everything I listed and sent to them has been ignored for the sake of adding in a few new modules. The LED lighting graphing setup is improved and so are a few other things like the Oxygen probe.

My take is that they looked at what worked properly and was not crashing and they decided to leave it and move on to new modules only. This might be good in one way but is terrible if you were hoping for a fix to certain minor issues.

The good news is that my Beta is still running perfectly, with no lockups or problems at all. I just wish they would fix the small things so that stuff like graphing was more useful. I know you can use the Web interface and see the graphs perfectly on a tablet or PC but I really like to be at the controller when I do these things.

One thing of note. I don't know if this will be fixed in the final release, but I noticed some bugs have been introduced. Not all my settings got imported properly after I upgraded. I first noticed the Time and Date were incorrect. Next I had settings in Hysteresis that had been zeroed. Lastly I have had problems when audible alarms go off, I can turn them off by pressing OK but on some occasions they start up again and there is no screen message to turn it off. I had to go into the program and set the value threshold above the alarm point and that turned it off, then I went back in and set it back to the original value.

Aquatronica are you checking the systems using USA values for Salinity and Temp?
The salinity Graph does not work with SG values and the Temp Hysteresis still does not work with Fahrenheit.

Overall if your buying one of their new modules this update is great. For users who are not in the market for the new modules this update will not be a serious step forward in terms of Bug fixes and that is not the news I was hoping to report.

Rob

hani
08/04/2016, 11:29 AM
I hope they are working on a fix , I thought you are testing that for them , so hopefully they are reading this.

RobbyG
08/08/2016, 04:44 PM
I hope they are working on a fix , I thought you are testing that for them , so hopefully they are reading this.

No I don't do testing for them, I think the Alpha testers they have use tanks that have no fish in them. My tank has way too much stuff in it to take a chance with even Beta software.

Rob

hani
09/01/2016, 06:01 PM
Any one knows when the upgrade coming ?

RobbyG
09/01/2016, 11:31 PM
I got a general email that they are heading for Macna and that will start on Sept 9th.
Traditionally updates come out just after Macna, but I have no idea what will happen this time. Of course the last update never went public and I am hoping the reason for that was that they have waited to incorporated the upgrades in the graphing and web page, plus the small fixes that are still needed.

I have been running that Beta for over a month and so far it is rock solid. I am not using the screen saver and probably will not even try it until I know it's 100% safe. I really don't even need that feature since my Tank is in my Dining room area, but I know for you and others with a bedroom setup it is a needed feature.

I will probably purchase the Echotech module after Macna and give that a try.

hani
09/01/2016, 11:50 PM
What do you mean by screen saver?

RobbyG
09/03/2016, 08:00 PM
What do you mean by screen saver?

The Setting to turn off the screen if no buttons are pressed for X amount of minutes.

hani
09/05/2016, 03:42 PM
Is this an issue with the old software only, I haven't used mine yet but if seems it goes off after some time . Am using the old software.

hani
09/14/2016, 04:45 PM
Any update from macna?

RobbyG
09/15/2016, 01:53 AM
No news yet. I am getting worried.

Rogger Castells
09/15/2016, 10:58 AM
Robby, maybe I missed it on your video review, but what is the sd card in the touch display for? is it to store your programing only or does it serve other purposes?

RobbyG
09/17/2016, 12:30 PM
Rogger, it stores the programing the graph data and it is the best place to put firmware updates. I am pretty sure they can use it for just anything else that may come along, since this is in effect a Linux box.

73s
Rob

Rogger Castells
09/17/2016, 12:54 PM
thank you