PDA

View Full Version : poss. problem with Tunze ATO..

Devaji108
04/26/2016, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,
so I bought the Tunze 3155 ATO from the last group buy. finally got around to getting my tank up and running, however I think the pump that came with the ATO is bad. :(

been using it now for 5 to 7 days just to see if it need a break in period. but it sounds like the flaps on the wings of a plan. you know the high pitch wine.
the 1st few days I thought nothing of it. do to the excitement of a new tank and new ATO...but started to wonder about it an posted a thread about it. seem I got a defective pump.

do I go through you guys or Tunze for warranty?

RT_BRS
04/26/2016, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,
so I bought the Tunze 3155 ATO from the last group buy. finally got around to getting my tank up and running, however I think the pump that came with the ATO is bad. :(

been using it now for 5 to 7 days just to see if it need a break in period. but it sounds like the flaps on the wings of a plan. you know the high pitch wine.
the 1st few days I thought nothing of it. do to the excitement of a new tank and new ATO...but started to wonder about it an posted a thread about it. seem I got a defective pump.

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly, and sorry to hear about the pump. Shooting you a PM :)

Turbosreef
04/26/2016, 05:01 PM
I have the same issue with mine sounds like a drill, didn't buy it from BRS though :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

shaywood
04/27/2016, 05:34 AM
Sounds like an air lock issue. Did you try turning pump on its side then plug in hose?

RT_BRS
04/27/2016, 01:40 PM
Hey guys,

I got CS to get a new one out the door for you. I have had the air lock issue before, but in my experience that is a whine without the pump moving fluid.

soulpatch
04/28/2016, 07:23 AM
If my ATO container drains from me being lazy and I refill I get a nasty whine sound from the pump but it still moves water. Not the amount it would typically but enough I didn't think to check for air in the pump. Now that I know I make sure to reprime the pump if I let ATO drain.

Devaji108
05/20/2016, 01:50 PM
BRS rocks they always take care you thee customers. that's why I am one for life!
seams like there is always something I need from you guys!

great company.

RT_BRS
05/20/2016, 04:23 PM
BRS rocks they always take care you thee customers. that's why I am one for life!
seams like there is always something I need from you guys!

great company.

Thanks Devaji108, we're happy to help :)