PDA

View Full Version : I've been wanting to for SO long...

Cool_fish
04/26/2016, 08:06 PM
Aloha! This is about the 100th time that I've almost jumped into having a saltwater aquarium. The difference is I bought a tank with setup this time! I'm not even sure what I have, a neighbor had a complete setup which he was selling and even though it appears, in the long run, this might end up being more expensive, it is finally getting me into the hobby. I'm a very experienced diver, been all around and got to dive in some very cool places. I got, what I think is, a great deal with a 55 gal tank, on a very nice wood stand/frame, with the complete setup. On one of the hurricane scares, they bugged out and when power got knocked out, their significant investment in fish did not survive... and the setup has been in his garage ever since. It looks like a really nice setup.

Anyway, enough boring tales about how i got it, I'll be posting some pretty basic questions I'm sure. I am doing some research now, and will look over the stickies so I do not ask too dumb a noob question - but no promises. Hopefully everyone will be easy on me, I look forward to getting it up and running!

josuer302
04/26/2016, 08:13 PM
Good luck, research will go a long way! Enjoy the ride

rsain
04/26/2016, 10:42 PM
Aloha! This is about the 100th time that I've almost jumped into having a saltwater aquarium. The difference is I bought a tank with setup this time! I'm not even sure what I have, a neighbor had a complete setup which he was selling and even though it appears, in the long run, this might end up being more expensive, it is finally getting me into the hobby. I'm a very experienced diver, been all around and got to dive in some very cool places. I got, what I think is, a great deal with a 55 gal tank, on a very nice wood stand/frame, with the complete setup. On one of the hurricane scares, they bugged out and when power got knocked out, their significant investment in fish did not survive... and the setup has been in his garage ever since. It looks like a really nice setup.

Anyway, enough boring tales about how i got it, I'll be posting some pretty basic questions I'm sure. I am doing some research now, and will look over the stickies so I do not ask too dumb a noob question - but no promises. Hopefully everyone will be easy on me, I look forward to getting it up and running!

Good plan on reading the stickies. They are a gold mine. An informed question followed by openness to responses goes a long way here. :)

Welcome aboard.