PDA

View Full Version : neon green "sun coral/Dendro"

ClownNut
04/28/2016, 09:28 PM
ok, call me a nut ball.
i have been in this hobby over 10+ years now, i travelled to hongkong, guangzhou and shanghai, which dendro are like xenia, when the store carry them. they have 50-500 colonies in stock. most likely free if you buy a few corals. at least that what friend of mine did in their store in shanghai.
i seen yellow, orange and pink even purple. i saw a few of those in hongkong, too bad i cant bring them back with me.
i have never seen a neon green sun coral/dendro before, i dont mean greenish like the black aussie sun coral. it's neon green.

size: it's not as big as the biggest dendro heads. the biggest head of the dendro i got are about the size of a 50 cents coin(skeleton). the unknown sun/dendro are the size of a nickel(skeleton)

shape: it's not round like a sun coral. some are more oval shape like aussie balanophyllia, some are roundish. the bigger heads are more oval.

color: however, when it open up, like some of the sun coral, the skin color is the same as the polyp.
it's not dye, since they had been in friend's tank for a long time. if dyed, it would change back to whatever color they were before. also, the colony have grow. the new polyps are the same color.

anyone seen that before? especially for non photosynthetic lovers that are not live in US.

GoingPostal
04/29/2016, 06:50 PM
Is this lone polyps or a colony? Do you have a picture?

ClownNut
04/30/2016, 06:19 AM
colony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Scyt3rldTY
back left of the carpets.
i will have to find my camera, for more close up

Raintree
05/12/2016, 04:21 AM
looks like it could be a black sun coral under blue lighting, causing the tissue to fluoresce green. Under white light i would guess it looks very different

ClownNut
05/12/2016, 07:37 AM
i had black sun coral before. no matter what light it under, it didnt come close to this colony. espcially under blue light, you barely cant see the black sun coral, this you can see the whole colony from anywhere.

Raintree
05/13/2016, 12:23 AM
do you have a picture or video of it without the blue light?

psidriven
11/06/2016, 08:58 PM
I've actually seen a green dendro at a lfs too. I'll go take a pic and post it tonight.

Where's your friend's store in Shanghai? My wife's there and I'd like her to grab me some fish stuff.

ClownNut
11/10/2016, 09:36 AM
I've actually seen a green dendro at a lfs too. I'll go take a pic and post it tonight.

Where's your friend's store in Shanghai? My wife's there and I'd like her to grab me some fish stuff.

i dont think you can move corals from mainland to taipei.
send me a PM if you use QQ or wechat. i can set you up with friend of mine. he did well, now he's store is the only saltwater store in the whole shanghai.

Kawasaki213
11/23/2016, 03:57 PM
Green neon??? You got or should have taken some pictures ;-)