PDA

View Full Version : Emergency QT setup????

Kovu989
05/01/2016, 09:59 PM
I stopped keeping up with my QT tank over the last month because I haven't had any new fish come in or any sick fish to put in there, and a week ago I dumped the whole thing out and was going to set it up again this week for future needs. Except of course, now I need it and I don't have it ready, at all.

Tomorrow I'm going to run to the store and grab a 40B most likely and set it up as a QT tank, because my potters angel suddenly has ich and two of my chromis died all within the last 24 hours.

Basically it's clear that my tank is infested with ich and I just need to run it fishless for a couple of months. Right now ALL i have is my 10 gallon QT tank, I wanted to move my potters to the QT and start treatment tonight because it doesn't look like he's gonna make it very long and I don't even want to risk waiting until tomorrow for him.

Is there anyway I can prepare a QT tank that is safe to use TONIGHT?
I have another saltwater tank that is perfectly healthy... I can pull some water from there for the 10?
or should I just wait until tomorrow and do it all at once in the 40??

Love these fish, don't want them to pass from this.

My levels:

ammonia: 0ppm
nitrate: >5ppm
nitrite: 0ppm
salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.2

everything in my tank (70G):

-1 dwarf fuzzy lion
-1 maroon clown paired w/ bubbletip anemone
-1 potters angel
-3 chromis (had 5, two died)
-1 marine betta
-1 large lawnmower blenny.

I don't know the best method in getting ich out of my tank.
all help will be appreciated.

FindingEmily
05/01/2016, 10:40 PM
You can set up a hospital tank without having to cycle. Just make sure to keep up on water changes to keep ammonia at 0.

snorvich
05/02/2016, 05:32 AM
If chromis were involved you may have uronema marinum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2388437) not ich, but if it is ich tank transfer (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2388428) is best.

snorvich
05/02/2016, 05:39 AM
When and what was the last wet item added to this tank?