PDA

View Full Version : Auto feeder

FullBoreReefer
05/02/2016, 09:13 AM
Has there been any updates or changes to the AFS? In regards to the lid issue and dumping food?

slief
05/03/2016, 08:28 AM
There is no lid issue. The issue with them falling off is a user issue. I've had the AFS since it was released and never once have I had an issue removing the drum and my AFS is in a precarious spot too. You just need to be cognizant of the lid when you remove the drum and grasp the whole drum assembly and not just the lid.

FullBoreReefer
05/03/2016, 01:33 PM
That is good to hear, thank you.

FullBoreReefer
05/07/2016, 11:39 AM
Got the feeder on Thursday, everything mounted and programmed. Works great, easy to use, and shouldn't have any issues...thanks again.

slief
05/07/2016, 06:14 PM
Got the feeder on Thursday, everything mounted and programmed. Works great, easy to use, and shouldn't have any issues...thanks again.

Great to hear. I think you will really appreciate having it. I know I do as do my fish. It's simple to program and I love the fact that I can hit a feed button and feed the fish on the spot or remotely when I'm traveling.

The issue with the lids coming off is much to do about nothing. I am sure you can see how people who are careless would have that issue but if you know the feeder and pay even a little bit of attention when removing the drum, you will find it's a non issue. Like I said before, I've had it since it was first released and despite mine being in a precarious location, I've never once even come close to spilling the food when removing the drum.

dentnshell
05/07/2016, 09:02 PM
I had one of the first ones, Pre-Order. I have dumped some food, before I learned that you MUST pull the container straight out. I have not dumped anything in over a year.

I like the unit so much (other than noise) I just ordered my second one. One for each side of the tank and different sized pellets. I use NLS 0.5mm in one and NLS 1.0mm pellets in the other.

My second unit is noticeably quieter than the original. I don't know if my original was abnormally loud ( I thought it was and posted a youtube video about it ) or my new one is quieter.

Whatever the case. The both work great and I am very happy with them.