PDA

View Full Version : Help with anemone

gunther13mt
05/02/2016, 01:45 PM
Hello I had a beautiful Ritteri Anemone that just recently died (took him out of the tank this morning when I noticed it.) His base was still dark purple but where he was stuck to the rock was whitish and he was always spitting what looked like a white string with brown in it. Any advice on why he died or what I can do to get another anemone to survive my 2 clowns are swimming around the tank as if they are lost now. :( my SPG is at 1.025 temp stays between 76-79, PH is at 8.2, Nitrite is at 0 ammonia is at 0, nitrate is at 5ppm any advice would be appreciated my tank is about 6 months old.

fish currently in the tank an no problems.

2 true clowns
4 cleaner shrimp
6 turbo snails
4 emerald crabs
2 watchmen gobies
1 engineer goby.

all seem to be happy and healthy.

hotelbravo
05/02/2016, 10:18 PM
Hello I had a beautiful Ritteri Anemone that just recently died (took him out of the tank this morning when I noticed it.) His base was still dark purple but where he was stuck to the rock was whitish and he was always spitting what looked like a white string with brown in it. Any advice on why he died or what I can do to get another anemone to survive my 2 clowns are swimming around the tank as if they are lost now. :( my SPG is at 1.025 temp stays between 76-79, PH is at 8.2, Nitrite is at 0 ammonia is at 0, nitrate is at 5ppm any advice would be appreciated my tank is about 6 months old.

fish currently in the tank an no problems.

2 true clowns
4 cleaner shrimp
6 turbo snails
4 emerald crabs
2 watchmen gobies
1 engineer goby.

all seem to be happy and healthy.

they are prone to have issues. how long have you had him? if not long then i would assume disease. many people highly recommend riterri (magnifica) to be introduced to a hospital tank first and treated regardless of whether the anemone shows signs of illness.

on a side note perhaps this post will get more traction in the anemone and clownfish section not the military reefers group section.

gunther13mt
05/03/2016, 03:14 PM
I just posted in 3 separate forms my first post never got answers had it i wouldnt have bought the anemone

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk