PDA

View Full Version : Show me your TTM equipment

mr9iron
05/03/2016, 06:40 PM
I have been quarantining my fish for a while, and doing cupramine, formalin and other meds but want to give this TTM a try for ICH. I have several buckets, tubing, airstones, and heaters. I understand the TTM, but want to see how others are doing it.

spsrookie
05/03/2016, 09:45 PM
Im halfway thru my second batch of fish.

Simple set up, air stone, air pump, 2 ten gallon tanks, and 2 jaeger 100 watt heaters.

So far, the results are there, but you have to be careful.

Very hard to maintain water temp in such small water colume. Perhaps if I used 50 watt heaters, that would be better, but having used brand new eheim heaters, my temps fluctuate quite a bit.

jbvdhp
05/04/2016, 01:46 AM
Im halfway thru my second batch of fish.

Simple set up, air stone, air pump, 2 ten gallon tanks, and 2 jaeger 100 watt heaters.

So far, the results are there, but you have to be careful.

Very hard to maintain water temp in such small water colume. Perhaps if I used 50 watt heaters, that would be better, but having used brand new eheim heaters, my temps fluctuate quite a bit.

Those Jaeger heaters are horrible! I find the Aqueon Italian made ones the best.

Op I just use $4 or $10 sterilite bins from the big box stores, heater and air pump and stones or powerhead depending on the fish.

ThRoewer
05/04/2016, 01:58 AM
If your heater is too strong you will always have a temperature overshot from the latent heat in the heater even after it turned off. To compensate that you would need a self optimizing PID controller. Though that's overkill for a QT.

I would go with a 25 W heater for a 10 gallon tank.

snorvich
05/04/2016, 03:41 AM
If your heater is too strong you will always have a temperature overshot from the latent heat in the heater even after it turned off. To compensate that you would need a self optimizing PID controller. Though that's overkill for a QT.

This. And of course warmer water is less oxygen.

mr9iron
05/14/2016, 02:48 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments. I may try the sterilite containers instead of the buckets.

mr9iron
05/14/2016, 02:52 PM

How many gallons of water do you feel is appropriate for doing the TTM with smaller fish like wrasses? On the flip side, how many gallons would be appropriate with tangs and other larger fish?

scuzy
05/14/2016, 03:03 PM
I use 15 gallons in a 20 gallon long for tangs it works fine. I got two 20l from Petco dollar a gallon sale. Cheap and nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmorty217
05/14/2016, 06:52 PM
I use 15 gallons in a 20 gallon long for tangs it works fine. I got two 20l from Petco dollar a gallon sale. Cheap and nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 did the same thing and got a 40g breeder to put fish in after TTM for further observation

kmbyrnes
05/17/2016, 04:57 AM
MY TTM is setup is 2 5g, 2 10g and 2 20g. All from $1/gallon sale. Size used depends on fish to be TTM'd
Also a 40B QT that is fully cycled.
I use the cheap Petco pumps, a Petco Air pump and disposable tubing/airstones.