PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting older RO/DI Unit

JWan
05/04/2016, 11:11 AM
My kitchen renovation has just completed and I need to reinstall my unit under my sink.

I have one of the older manual flush 90g/day MaxCap RO/DI + a 3 gallon drinking water system (DWK-DI-03-N), so I'm talking about the inline feed water adapter (attaches between cold water supply and faucet's cold water supply line) and the drain saddle.

Assuming there were no issues beforehand, are there any problems using the original equipment to connect my RO/DI unit to the water supply/drain?
Any particular best practices that I should follow?
Maybe just replace the foam tape?

JWan
05/13/2016, 01:19 PM
Anyone?

SpectraPure
05/13/2016, 02:07 PM
No problems that I see. Be sure the adapter is not corroded or gunked up inside.

You should always replace the Teflon tape on those fittings, don't know about foam.

Scott at SpectraPure

SpectraPure
05/13/2016, 02:58 PM
Anyone?

Also, please make sure that your ASO valve is shutting off the waste line when the product water is full. Are you using your bladder for drinking water, or RODI?

Jeremy

JWan
05/31/2016, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the responses. Missed the thread reply notifications, but spoke with someone at Spectrapure tech support who set me on the right path.

Bladder is being used for drinking water and while my instructions seem to reference "foam tape", it's more like a very thin rubber gasket on the drain saddle. I've reinstalled everything and it all appears to be working great with no leaks.

I didn't double check the ASO, but I do hear the unit stop, so I think it's working correctly.

Thanks again.

SpectraPure
06/01/2016, 09:00 PM
Thank you!!!