PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Reeflo commercial pump?

fishguy306
05/06/2016, 01:55 PM
A local store is closing and I got a great deal on a couple of pumps. I was thinking that they were Reeflo Hammerheads, so quite large pumps. Turns out they are actually part of Reeflo's commercial line, the one HP model. It looks like this one falls between their Manta Ray and Tiger Shark pumps.

I often see people saying they use Reeflo, however I haven't seen anyone really talking about the commercial versions. Just curious if anyone has any experience with them? Anything I need to watch out for or be aware of mostly. Thanks!

fishguy306
05/09/2016, 02:00 PM
No one? After doing a bit of research I can see why, they seem to be huge energy hogs. That said still looking for experiences if anyone has had one on their system.

atrain
05/09/2016, 07:24 PM
I don't have a commercial pump, but I have a barracuda and goby.
The goby was discontinued some time ago. Reeflo traded me the goby for
Free after my blowhole crapped out.
From what they told me, they are all the same motor with different impellers.
They are virtually care free. First pump I have never had to fix. I don't think I
Would ever buy another kind of pump. The motor outside of the housing makes
All the difference. I will say they aren't silent, but can't really hear them from
Outside the basement closet anyway. If you need to push that much water, then
It probably isn't anywhere near your tank.

I know you asked for advice on the commercial series , but thought I would post
Since didn't see anyone else sharing

fishguy306
05/10/2016, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the thoughts. I does seem like Reeflo makes a good pump from what I've seen. I will be moving a decent amount of water, my main tank is right around 1000 gal, plus a few other tanks on the same system. So if these will fit my need they will be needed, I'm just not sure if I'd be better off trading them in for something different.

tkeracer619
05/11/2016, 01:33 AM
If you need to replace the seals replace the bearings in the motor with proper motor rated bearings as well. It is relatively easy to do and will just about guarantee your seal lasts as long as it can. I just rebuilt a dart that was 10 years old. New impeller, new bearings, new seal, and a fresh coat of paint. Running like new.

fishguy306
05/11/2016, 09:21 AM
Good to know, thanks for the tip!