PDA

View Full Version : please critique my ttm schedule

spsrookie
05/07/2016, 02:10 PM
I started ttm last Friday, at 4 pm eastern time. Monday, at 1 pm I transferred them to the second tank, and sterilized the first. Thursday, at approximately noon, I transferred the fish back into the sterilized first tank.

Tomorrow, by 1130 am, I will transfer them into a new sterilized tank.

Is this my last transfer, and have I been doing them correctly time wise?

ALso does the use of bleach, over night, take the place of 24 hours dry rule?

jbvdhp
05/07/2016, 02:30 PM
You've only done three transfers right? So 9 days total? I think technically there's people reporting that's enough but the recommended time is 12 days, so you need one more transfer which is into a QT.

So time wise you're fine but you're one transfer short.

I started my TTM on my Naso the same day you did your first transfer, so tomorrow will be my 2nd transfer, so end of day 6. Half way there.

Sent using your IP address

pyithar
05/08/2016, 04:02 AM
if 3rd transfer will be on sunday 11:30, you need one more transfer on wednesday before 11:30 am. that'll be the last transfer and you can transfer the fish into a quarantine tank if you wanna observe it.

kmbyrnes
05/08/2016, 07:10 AM
Yup, One today and one on Wednesday then off to QT on Saturday

Deinonych
05/08/2016, 07:41 AM
if 3rd transfer will be on sunday 11:30, you need one more transfer on wednesday before 11:30 am. That'll be the last transfer and you can transfer the fish into a quarantine tank if you wanna observe it.

+1

jbvdhp
05/09/2016, 01:43 AM
Yup, One today and one on Wednesday then off to QT on Saturday

Well for him, on Wednesday before 1130, the fish can already go into QT as his transfer out of this tank, on Wednesday, will be transfer #4 and completes 12 days.

Did something change with TTM protocol that I'm missing? Are we going 15 days now?

Deinonych
05/09/2016, 10:46 AM
Did something change with TTM protocol that I'm missing? Are we going 15 days now?

No. 12 days and done. You can do additional transfers if you're super paranoid, but it's not needed.

jbvdhp
05/09/2016, 10:49 AM
No. 12 days and done. You can do additional transfers if you're super paranoid, but it's not needed.

That's what I thought, but the other poster made it seem like the OP had two more transfers and I thought we should do a full 15 days now. Phew

Code4
05/24/2016, 02:18 PM
If I am understanding everyone then I am almost done with mine.

Day one was Sunday the 15 @ 1600
Then Wed. the 18 @ 0615
Next Sat. the 21 @ 0610
Today, Tue, the 24 @ 0610

Am I done this Friday at 0600? Done as in move them into a new quarantine tank and continue watching them for a few weeks? Or do I have one more move and then into a quarantine. Just wondering since I moved them on a Sunday evening into a quarantine tank and then did the other TTM's in the morning hours.

I know, I am over thinking this. But they are really important to me.

Shelley

Deinonych
05/24/2016, 04:00 PM
Yes. Friday morning will be the final transfer into a clean QT for observation.

Code4
05/24/2016, 04:12 PM
Thank you Chris! I so did not want to stop early and then have to put them all through it again. There are 5 fish. My two favorite are a CBB and my Pyramid butterfly. They are both great fish. And rather peeved at me now.

spsrookie, good luck with yours. My Pyramid is very sensitive to a drop in PH or Alakalinity. Found him floating on his side when I attempted to do hyposalinity. So now I monitor both twice every day. I was very relieved when he recovered and is showing no ill effects outside of two sores. Both have almost healed. I am dosing with an antibiotic. I also use 1/4 tps. of baking soda each 24 hours in a 20 gallon quarantine if the alkalinity drops at all.

Shelley

Nick dorocz
05/25/2016, 05:58 AM
I have been trying to figure this out also.so the last transfer can be from the transfer tank to the quarantine tank as long as it has been 12 days or more.

Code4
05/25/2016, 08:17 AM
I have been trying to figure this out also.so the last transfer can be from the transfer tank to the quarantine tank as long as it has been 12 days or more.

Nick seems you and I had the same question. That is how I am now reading it. Last transfer is actually into the long term quarantine/observation tank.

Shelley