PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen snail since acclimation

Goatonfly
05/08/2016, 01:23 PM
I introduced 4 margarita snails and 1 cleaner shrimp 2 days ago. 3 of the snails and the shrimp have all been social little guys moving around exploring the tank. I haven't seen the other snail at all. At what point should I start searching for him? I have seen a tiny baby snail that showed up the night I put snails in. How detrimental is a dead if that is the case?

homer1475
05/08/2016, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I have snails die all the time(to lazy sometimes to flip them over), and my cleaner shrimp has a feast that night. :D

If you have an established biofilter, that tiny snail won't even make a blip on an ammonia test.

kgeig001
05/08/2016, 01:35 PM
Some snails dye, just part of the process of keeping a reef. Unless you have a very small nano tank, I wouldn't worry about it. It will end up being a new home for a hermit crab...if you got any.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cliving1
05/08/2016, 06:33 PM
If I remember, margarita snails are tide snails. I had a rimless tank, and would find them on the ground every morning as they tried to move away from it. But I always found them (before the dogs) and threw them back in.