PDA

View Full Version : Ultra picasso with gold bar maroon clown

craigs
05/08/2016, 07:46 PM
Hey all,
Got a question picked up a nice picasso a few weeks ago and because of my current pair put her in my son's tank
Now a week or two later she seems to be nesting with this smaller maroon clown. Is this possible? Or an I just watching them be friends? I am looking and introducing a mate but might hold off? Please let me know your thoughts.

maelv
05/09/2016, 10:07 AM
Let them mate, name them the Golden Art Clowns and sell them for $1,000,000 each, that is what seems to be happening with these "frankensteined clowns"....all I need is about 10% for helping you with the name.

Your welcome.

president89
06/12/2016, 08:19 AM
I don't think it's recommended to pair a smaller maroon with a female percula type clown. The problem is that the Maroon will grow much larger - therefore you'll wind up with two females, and the maroon will kill the percula. What I've seen done, is to take a Maroon and pair with a male percula that way the percula is submissive and you don't wind up with two females.

shifty51008
06/12/2016, 01:43 PM
anything is possiable but these 2 types of clowns are hard to pair. good luck you may pull it off, this is how they got blood orange maroons, well a maroon and ocy clown.

cahonus66
06/12/2016, 03:19 PM
Wow! Looking forward to see what comes from this!