PDA

View Full Version : Brooklynella (or other) carriers after a few months?

thefuz
05/09/2016, 08:02 PM
Hello folks. Trying to sort out a fish/disease challenge...

I had a few fish sitting in a stock tank with live rock for several months - all eating and generally appearing in good health; purple tang, six-line wrasse, two pair of clowns.

While those fish were in the stock tank I was working on a new large display tank. I introduced a single new fish into the display along with one pair of clowns. All seemed OK the first week or so, during which I was transferring rocks between the two tanks as I sorted out the layout in the display. During the 2nd week that new fish died and over the next few days the clowns followed also.

About 3 weeks go by and I lose the 2nd pair of clowns in the stock tank. Now I was left with the purple tang and six-line wrasse.

Display tank went fallow for ~10 weeks. Removed all the from the stock tank and put the tang/wrasse into a smaller QT tank. They've been in there ever since. Both appear in excellent condition and are eating aggressively.

So... what should I do? I've begun introducing fish from my old display (90) into the new display (250). All fish seem a-OK. Should the tang/wrasse go through tank-transfer? Prazi? Formalin dip? I'm stumped on how to get them transitioned to the display. :/

snorvich
05/10/2016, 05:08 AM
So... what should I do? I've begun introducing fish from my old display (90) into the new display (250). All fish seem a-OK. Should the tang/wrasse go through tank-transfer? Prazi? Formalin dip? I'm stumped on how to get them transitioned to the display. :/

Formalin dips using the equivalent of tank transfer.

thefuz
05/10/2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks, snorvich! Meaning dips every few days and transfer to a new holding tank each time? 48-hour spread?

snorvich
05/10/2016, 03:16 PM
Thanks, snorvich! Meaning dips every few days and transfer to a new holding tank each time? 48-hour spread?

Yes.