PDA

View Full Version : Rox carbon in Vertex reactor

A_Z
05/10/2016, 03:41 PM
Rox carbon in a Vertex reactor didn't work so well when I tried it.

The granules are tiny and made a huge mess all over my sump because they squeezed pass the Vertex sponges in the reactor.

Any recommendations for the correct size/type of carbon to be used in a Vertex reactor?

The rox does polish the water very nice and is clean however it is too small for this application.

Zwickm
05/10/2016, 03:49 PM
I had the same problem with another reactor and just purchased a more fine mesh sponge rather than the ones that come standard with most reactors. Fixed it. ROX carbon is the best so would encourage you to try that before using a different type.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RT_BRS
05/10/2016, 04:43 PM
Rox carbon in a Vertex reactor didn't work so well when I tried it.

The granules are tiny and made a huge mess all over my sump because they squeezed pass the Vertex sponges in the reactor.

Any recommendations for the correct size/type of carbon to be used in a Vertex reactor?

The rox does polish the water very nice and is clean however it is too small for this application.

On my 300 I ran the Vertex RX-U with ROX carbon. I bought some plastic needle point mesh from Michael's in red to match the Vertex reactor and cut it to fit the cylinder. I had some media fall through the bottom, but 99% of it stayed put where it shoul've; the reactor.