PDA

View Full Version : ICH question

Thatguy08
05/11/2016, 10:13 AM
So one of my fish(Picasso clown) had showed signs of ICH i quickly set up a hospital tank, he is doing good eating and is not showing signs of ich. Im treating him with copper, but my question is i had a clown and a six line wrass in my DT which neither showed signs of ICH. My six line was exposed to ICH once but never showed signs(white dots) i let the tank go for 10 weeks empty with the six line before adding clowns. Could the ICH live with the six line but never show signs? Im asking, if so i need to add them to HT to kill ICH with copper and leave my DT empty. Sorry if these are obvious questions to you i am new to the hobby and have read as much as possible about this but have not found an answer

jbvdhp
05/11/2016, 03:50 PM
The tank wasn't really empty if the wrasse was in there, agreed?

Yes ich can be with the wrasse and the wrasse not exhibit signs of it.

Sent using your IP address

snorvich
05/11/2016, 03:55 PM
So one of my fish(Picasso clown) had showed signs of ICH i quickly set up a hospital tank, he is doing good eating and is not showing signs of ich. Im treating him with copper,

Tank transfer (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2388428) is better; copper may or not be effective

but my question is i had a clown and a six line wrass in my DT which neither showed signs of ICH. My six line was exposed to ICH once but never showed signs(white dots) i let the tank go for 10 weeks empty with the six line before adding clowns. Could the ICH live with the six line but never show signs?

Absolutely

Im asking, if so i need to add them to HT to kill ICH with copper and leave my DT empty. Sorry if these are obvious questions to you i am new to the hobby and have read as much as possible about this but have not found an answer