PDA

View Full Version : Should I treat....

Coachb9
05/11/2016, 03:52 PM
So I don't know what disease my fish has, if any. I have been told it could be ich, flukes or brook. Also a chance it is something else or nothing at all.
I have the fish in a tank by itself. Should I treat without diagnosing the exact problem? Attached is a pic of the medicine the LFS gave me, albeit only on the diagnosis that I have them. The LFS could not be sure of the issue based on my description.

GimpyFin
05/11/2016, 06:42 PM
Some meds like prazi pro are ok to use even as a precautionary (I'm not familiar with the particular med you have), but I would try to figure out what/if anything your fish has and treatment options instead of trying a shotgun fix, so to speak.

Coachb9
05/11/2016, 07:05 PM
Thanks. I am going to gamble that it was stress and not disease. I put her in the new tank a short while ago and will keep my eye on her. I think the more room will be the cure. Dori is already swimming more than she swam in the last couple days and I hope the color on her comes back tomorrow.

snorvich
05/11/2016, 08:25 PM
You put a hepatus tang in a 55 gallon tank?

Coachb9
05/12/2016, 03:29 AM
It is a small (2") Dori for my 5 year old daughter. I made a deal with her and local LFS that I can bring "Dori" back when she got too big and needed a bigger home. Not sure how many months or years that will take, but I am fully prepared to make that transition when the time comes

bobbravo2
05/12/2016, 04:16 PM
It is a small (2") Dori for my 5 year old daughter. I made a deal with her and local LFS that I can bring "Dori" back when she got too big and needed a bigger home. Not sure how many months or years that will take, but I am fully prepared to make that transition when the time comes

You are the exception to the rule. Well done. Please share that with fellow parents - these fish cannot be captive bred yet... So we need to spread awareness.