PDA

View Full Version : Sebae or Rose Bubble Tip...?

Salty150
05/13/2016, 09:19 AM
Looking for an anemone for clown fish.

I really like the look of the purple-tip white Sebae anemone - but not sure I have enough light for it - plus it seems to be difficult to care for?

My other option would be a rose bubble tip.

Dkuhlmann
05/13/2016, 09:27 AM
What kind of clownfish and what lights do you have? Also size of tank.

Salty150
05/13/2016, 09:40 AM
What kind of clownfish and what lights do you have? Also size of tank.

Ocellaris

Kessil AP700

150 gallon

phender
05/13/2016, 10:53 AM
An ocellaris is more likely to accept a sebae anemone (H. crispa) than a BTA, IME. However, a white sebae with purple tips will not stay that way for long. It will either die from lack of zooxanthellae or it will regrow its zooxanthellae and become tan with purple tips.

Dkuhlmann
05/13/2016, 01:27 PM
A mag is your best bet with ocellaris. I've got a pair of Mocha Ocellaris and they have 3 RBTAs to choose from and they don't even look at them. With an RBTA a Maroon is the natural. But with Ocellaris its best to get a Mag or one of the other carpets.

phender
05/13/2016, 02:52 PM
A mag is your best bet with ocellaris. I've got a pair of Mocha Ocellaris and they have 3 RBTAs to choose from and they don't even look at them. With an RBTA a Maroon is the natural. But with Ocellaris its best to get a Mag or one of the other carpets.

Except that a mag or a gigantea carpet (they aren't likely to go into a haddoni carpet either) are significantly more difficult to keep than a sebae or BTA.