PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip and brown jelly

cslamar
05/13/2016, 09:21 AM
Yesterday started off like any other day with everything being normal in the tank when I checked in the morning. About mid-afternoon I discovered one of my torch corals covered in brown jelly. I grabbed my forceps to get it out of the tank immediately and as I went to grab it, it fell off the rock it was on right in my anemone!

The anemone grabbed it and tried to pull it in to eat it. I pulled it out as fast (and gently) as I could, but now I'm worried about the anemone and it's mouth coming in contact with the brown jelly.

Should I be concerned? Is there anything I should do for/to the anemone? FWIW, I haven't seen any brown jelly on any of the other corals and I've been checking every couple of hours.

Dkuhlmann
05/13/2016, 09:25 AM
http://www.athiel.com/lib/bacterial.html

This is the best article about BJD and Iodine dipping.

For now all you can do is watch your anemone, if you see signs of trouble you can do the Cipro treatment in the stickies.

m0nkie
05/13/2016, 03:54 PM
I honestly think that brown jelly is just dying euphyllia... I've seen my hammers and torch dying and forming these brown jelly on the dying branches. A quick trim will save the colony. usually..

as for the anemone, I think it will be fine. might be ****ed from something falling on it.. might have ate some of the crap and need to spit it out.. just keep monitoring. If something is off, take a pix and post it here