PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about TBS live rock? Just order it!

edinphilly
05/13/2016, 07:49 PM
I recently upgraded from a standard 29g to a 75 with a large sump. I made the transfer and the new tank had been up a couple weeks looking rather empty. TBS had caught my eye but I was nervous of the whole air freight thing. The whole process was a piece of cake. I'd definitely do it again!!!

- even with the shipping it was comparable $ per pound to several LFS but way better quality
- adding it to an existing tank was a piece of cake... it came submerged and no bad smell
- air freight is not bad at all to deal with
- great communication from Richard

mokeyz
05/14/2016, 08:29 AM
i recently upgraded from a standard 29g to a 75 with a large sump. I made the transfer and the new tank had been up a couple weeks looking rather empty. Tbs had caught my eye but i was nervous of the whole air freight thing. The whole process was a piece of cake. I'd definitely do it again!!!

- even with the shipping it was comparable $ per pound to several lfs but way better quality
- adding it to an existing tank was a piece of cake... It came submerged and no bad smell
- air freight is not bad at all to deal with
- great communication from richard

+1

WiDataTech
05/14/2016, 09:19 AM
I plan on making a purchase from them soon. It's nice to hear positive feedback.

edinphilly
05/14/2016, 03:13 PM
I plan on making a purchase from them soon. It's nice to hear positive feedback.

As with anything in this hobby there are tons of ways to go. I was pretty pumped about TBS based on all the good reviews but almost didn't because of the air freight. I used to travel a lot for work and hate the PHL airport. So glad I did it though and wanted to share my experience as I would say air fright shouldn't be a reason not to go with TBS.

Devaji108
05/17/2016, 04:43 PM
yeah I had a great experience with my TBS order. hell thinking of another.
so if your on the fence just do it. :)

FlyingFishSKYw
05/21/2016, 12:18 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/42163628931f389c53c403e26830e1d8.jpg

This is my new 75 gallon... sitting in my garage... ready for a TBS order...

Funny, I'm more excited about getting home and this thing in the house than the two week New York vacation we're starting tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devaji108
05/27/2016, 11:43 AM
^ nice tank! I would be more excited too. us reef geeks.