PDA

View Full Version : Brand New ATI Dimmable Sunpower Fan Wont Turn On

Aquageek450
05/15/2016, 06:43 PM
Today I installed my new ATI Dimmable Sunpower 4x24 that I bought from BRS. I set the break in period for the lights at 100% like the manual says to do. Everything looked fine until I noticed an (!) in the top right corner of the display and noticed that the channels were no longer on 100% like I set them to. I found out that it goes into safe mode when it overheats to prevent damage. I checked and the fan IS NOT turning on at all. I removed the fan per the ATI instructions and made sure all connections were good. I even put 12V to the fan itself to make sure it powered on, and it did. So that tells me the fan itself is good. I then checked the fan settings in the controller per the ATI video and made sure they were all good. Seems like a problem with the controller.

Im a little frustrated that I've read nothing good about ATI and I was pretty excited to get this picture up and running. I guess ill call both ATI and BRS tomorrow and tell them I would like an expedited replacement unit. Ive heard ATI has great customer service, we will see.

Anyone else have fan issues with a brand new fixture?

Idal305
05/15/2016, 07:47 PM
Ati will you get a replacement ASAP. There customer service is top notch.

Aquageek450
05/15/2016, 08:26 PM
Okay, good to hear. I'll call them in the morning

neoyhng
05/15/2016, 10:39 PM
The problem is likely due to a faulty factory setting which is very common for ATI dimmable. Read this for instructions to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4_tZZxn2ZE

Mine works perfectly after fixing and I am very happy with the flexibility this lighting provides.

Aquageek450
05/16/2016, 06:23 AM
I already made sure the factory settings were correct. None of them needed tweaked at all.