PDA

View Full Version : Hospital tank. First victim to Cupramine

ClownReef®
05/16/2016, 07:45 PM
15 gal. hospital tank set up today due to ich breakout. Dosed 30 drops of cupraine as per instructions.

One combs tooth blenny dead, my McCoskers wrasse is on the way out.

Im pretty bummed out. Im sure none of my fish will make it.

F*** ich.

:sad2:

snorvich
05/16/2016, 08:19 PM
TTM is best for ich. If using copper, which I do not recommend, you should gradually bring to therapeutic dose.

ClownReef®
05/16/2016, 09:02 PM
TTM seems like an amazingly huge PITA. Ill probably just hang the gloves and sell off the system if none of my fish make it. If its not ich its red bugs..if its not red bugs its something else..

Regardless..i still have to wait 8 weeks for the parasite to die off in the tank..

BigBlueTang
05/16/2016, 10:04 PM
TTM seems like an amazingly huge PITA. Ill probably just hang the gloves and sell off the system if none of my fish make it. If its not ich its red bugs..if its not red bugs its something else..

Regardless..i still have to wait 8 weeks for the parasite to die off in the tank..

I may be wrong here, but don't red bugs only attack SPS?
If you start TTM right now, you will be able to save your wrasse.

Dmorty217
05/17/2016, 05:57 AM

More PITA then possibly killing you fish with Cupramine? Red bugs are a coral issue, ich is a fish issue

ClownReef®
05/17/2016, 07:08 AM
I know. Ive kept SPS before. Meaning theres always something. Ich, or flatworks, or red bugs, or something else. Incredibly frustrating.

They all died over night.

It doesn't matter how careful you are.

itz frank
05/17/2016, 09:12 AM
With all the money you spent on your system... a few dollars of prevention doesn't seem that bad.

Not to mention you were probably doomed with two tangs in a 60 anyways.

m0nkie
05/17/2016, 03:10 PM
did you put all 9 fish into a 15gal hospital tank?

1) your fish are stressed from ich
2) your fish get more stressed from catching them
3) your fish get even more stressed from cramping into a tiny tank. 120gal > 15gal..

mix all that with fresh medication, it's very easy for fish to die..

sde1500
05/17/2016, 03:23 PM
15 fish including two blue tangs in a 60 gallon tank started in January? Yikes. They were sick to begin with and stressed, more stressed by you catching them, and extra stressed by sticking them in a 15 gallon tank and dosing them with a toxin. Coppers a toxin, with apparently mixed success at treating anyway. But wouldn't have been ich that killed them all so fast.

You saying "it doesn't matter how careful you are" doesn't really address the problem though. You weren't careful in the slightest it seems. I'm sorry they all died, but you probably should try TTM next time. After the fallow period.