PDA

View Full Version : New Biocubes and Seahorses

cpbartak
05/19/2016, 11:04 AM
It seems that the updated biocube that will be coming out soon might make it a decent seahorse tank now. They're 2 inches higher (3 gallons more), and use all LED lighting now, so likely run a little cooler. There's a write up on them at Reef Builders from a few months ago. Thoughts?

BlueCat1949
05/19/2016, 11:37 AM
It seems that the updated biocube that will be coming out soon might make it a decent seahorse tank now. They're 2 inches higher (3 gallons more), and use all LED lighting now, so likely run a little cooler. There's a write up on them at Reef Builders from a few months ago. Thoughts?

I read the review on Reef Builders and although they made some improvements I still think this is a poor choice for seahorses. Even though it "runs" cooler it is still a closed box and all the pumps, lights etc. still add extra heat. The filtration system looks a little anemic for seahorses and I like an open top so you can get your hands in there for frequent cleaning. At best you could house a pair of one of the smaller growing seahorses or possibly a single H. erectus.