PDA

View Full Version : Powder blue tang, plugged butt

cdfullwood
05/23/2016, 07:33 AM
Sounds weird, but it looks like my powder blue has got some issue with its butt or whatever it's called in fish terms.

Any ideas on what this issue could be or what can be done about it.

Dmorty217
05/23/2016, 11:16 AM
Have you treated it with Prazipro? The fish appears to be skinny. Anus is the terminology you're looking for

cdfullwood
05/26/2016, 07:55 AM
No i haven't treated him with anything other than some stress guard when we moved the tank and all the fish to ease the stress level on them, he's been in this tank for a year or so, i brought the tank from a friend and we moved it.

ill look into that stuff you mentioned, are you suggesting its possible the fish has some form of intestinal worm or something preventing him from gaining some weight? his color is excellent and he's very active, eats voraciously.

Dmorty217
05/26/2016, 08:04 AM
No i haven't treated him with anything other than some stress guard when we moved the tank and all the fish to ease the stress level on them, he's been in this tank for a year or so, i brought the tank from a friend and we moved it.

ill look into that stuff you mentioned, are you suggesting its possible the fish has some form of intestinal worm or something preventing him from gaining some weight? his color is excellent and he's very active, eats voraciously.

Yes internal worms will prevent a fish from gaining weight

ThRoewer
05/26/2016, 11:34 AM
That looks like a serious nematode infection. It's a pretty common thing with wild caught West African cichlids, but I have never seen it this bad with a reef fish.

You got to treat that fish immediately!