PDA

View Full Version : Marine Pure

gm3184
05/25/2016, 11:38 AM
Hi, so there has bin a lot of threads about Marine Pure leaching aluminum into tanks. I have bin following the BRS 160 and now that you went zeovit I noticed that you have removed the blocks. What is your take on these blocks and have you had any funky test results?
Thanks
George

RT_BRS
05/25/2016, 12:32 PM
Hi, so there has bin a lot of threads about Marine Pure leaching aluminum into tanks. I have bin following the BRS 160 and now that you went zeovit I noticed that you have removed the blocks. What is your take on these blocks and have you had any funky test results?
Thanks
George

MarinePure does contain alumina, which is a form of Aluminum bound with oxygen in the shape of a highly porous ceramic. It's not the metallic form of Aluminum that you're used to seeing, or an aluminum ion that can be accurately tested via hobby grade kits. Most ceramics will contain at least some alumina. To be honest I have ran these things for years in my tanks without any noticeable effects along with tons of other successful reefers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone :)

gm3184
05/25/2016, 12:34 PM
Thanks RT! I have them in my tank just wanted to see what the BRS opinion was on them.

RT_BRS
05/25/2016, 01:15 PM
Thanks RT! I have them in my tank just wanted to see what the BRS opinion was on them.

No problem! They are one of the better methods of adding surface area in your tank :)