PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica Releases new Echotech Wireless module

RobbyG
05/25/2016, 05:16 PM
The ACQ470 was released at Interzoo and is ready for sale. I understand it controls all Echotech products from the MP-40's to the Radion Lights and also the Vectra Pump. I am really looking forward to this must have item.

They also released some new models of LED lights for SW and FW tanks.

Rob

Confuse
05/25/2016, 07:02 PM
Is this reversed engineering? Not even Neptune has had EcoTech's support for the Vectra.

RobbyG
05/25/2016, 08:29 PM
Is this reversed engineering? Not even Neptune has had EcoTech's support for the Vectra.

I was told by someone in attendance that it does control the Vectra. Until Aquatronica makes it official I cannot vouch any further than that.

BTW what makes you so shocked that AQT could reverse engineer it. Almost everything in the Neptune Apex is reversed engineered Aquatronica ideas and hardware from ACQ110 which they made 10+ years ago.

Confuse
05/25/2016, 08:33 PM
I was told by someone in attendance that it does control the Vectra. Until Aquatronica makes it official I cannot vouch any further than that.

BTW what makes you so shocked that AQT could reverse engineer it. Almost everything in the Neptune Apex is reversed engineered Aquatronica ideas and hardware from ACQ110 which they made 10+ years ago.

I am not shocked that it could be reverse engineered. I would just be surprised if EcoTech gave aquatronica access to the vectra before Neptune, given the popularity of the Apex.

RobbyG
05/25/2016, 09:43 PM
Who knows, maybe you don't need permission. After all it is just a data stream of commands. Maybe you do need permission and Echotech does not see aquatronica as a threat to their own future controller or maybe they are upset that Neptune is making a competing pump or maybe my source got the wrong info.
In a couple of days we will know for sure.

Rob

chercm
05/30/2016, 03:30 AM
any news on this one ?

RobbyG
05/30/2016, 11:11 PM
Not yet, they just got back and said they will email me in a couple of days.
I should know by Wednesday what is happening.
I will post all the details once I have them.

RobbyG
06/06/2016, 04:28 PM
Well folks I don't know if I over stepped my bounds or something but no one from Aquatronica is telling me anything. I have sent several messages and the only reply I got was the module will be released at the end of the month. I have to assume the firmware will also be released then because without it the module would be useless.

No one is confirming the Vectra story or giving me any kind of feedback on what to expect in the next firmware update.

RobbyG
06/21/2016, 01:15 PM
Well some news has come out but I am told that further details will not be revealed until the end of the month.

Two new modules were introduced along with the slimline LED's

ACQ470 ECO-MODULE : Radian Lights and Vortech Pumps

ACQ480 JB -MODULE : Module for 0-5v and -+10V Dimming Pumps
I am not familiar with JB pump systems but I guess if you own one this is great news.

No specifics on which Echotech pumps. My friend still says that they will control Vectra, but he was told that by word of mouth. He said he did see it control Radian lights and MP-40s.

RobbyG
09/02/2016, 12:37 AM
I am told the Module will be released at Macna. So I guess some lucky folks who attend will be able to get one there.

roli112
12/19/2016, 11:09 PM
Any update on this? Has anyone tried it? Where can I get one?

RobbyG
01/02/2017, 09:42 PM
I have not heard a word about it since Macna. I have been really busy the last few months and just forgot to inquire. I will ask Erik about it tomorrow.

roli112
01/06/2017, 12:59 PM
Have you seen it in action?

RobbyG
01/26/2017, 12:59 PM
No.
I know Erick has seen it in action

Aquatronica srl
02/10/2017, 07:55 AM
Goods is on the way to reach OceanView. You will have ecotech module in few weeks
:))

hani
02/10/2017, 12:38 PM
Any pictures

hani
02/19/2017, 09:58 PM
When is the flow meter coming out?