PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator flashing Too high and Too Low

jsousa
05/25/2016, 07:27 PM
My new 5017 Osmolator is flashing too high and too low. Some water must have entered the unit and come in contact with the circuit board. Of course, when I open it up, it seems dry.

Is there anything I can I do before I attempt a repair?

rvitko
05/26/2016, 12:57 AM
I wouldn't attempt repair yourself. This issue is generally caused by plugging in a wet power supply tip, the power socket on the board must be unsoldered and the area cleaned and then retouched up with solder. So long as the copper traces on the board are intact it should be repairable. I would suggest sending it in. I am in Germany until the 3rd but I can repair it when I return and my employees can receive it and will place the repairs in order they came in. I expect to have everything done by the 6th.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

jsousa
05/26/2016, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't attempt repair yourself. This issue is generally caused by plugging in a wet power supply tip, the power socket on the board must be unsoldered and the area cleaned and then retouched up with solder. So long as the copper traces on the board are intact it should be repairable. I would suggest sending it in. I am in Germany until the 3rd but I can repair it when I return and my employees can receive it and will place the repairs in order they came in. I expect to have everything done by the 6th.

Tunze USA

305 Victor St

Austin, TX 78753

Thanks for quick reply. Looks like there was some water behind the board. I dried it out and now it's working like a charm.

Appreciate the help.
John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jsousa
05/26/2016, 06:34 AM
Looks like I spoke to soon. The level sensors are not communicating with the head unit properly.

Last night I placed the sensors at their new level, mounted the head unit and plugged it in. The light was green. All was good.

Took a look this morning and there was evaporation. The unit never pumped water in the tank and the water level was probably an inch below the optical sensor. I tried to move the secondary float to get the unit to respond and no beep or red light came on. It remained green.

Unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and now its flashing Too Low (no beeps).

Any ideas?

jsousa
05/26/2016, 06:56 AM
I had a similar problem with one of my other Osmolators. (I own 3) The optical sensor wasn't registering level. I needed to clean it with toothpaste and that seemed to work. Think its worth a shot?

jsousa
05/26/2016, 03:33 PM
Send the unit UPS today Roger. Hopefully, you could find the issue quickly. Thanks for your help.

rvitko
05/27/2016, 01:41 AM
Thank you! I will get to it promptly when I get back.