PDA

View Full Version : Disease(es) I can't treat. Please advice.

Paalk
05/27/2016, 06:04 AM
Hi,

I have a serious outbreak of something in my tank. It started with Ich and now I really don't know anymore. I have a 600g system and approx 50 fish, some large and some small.

I really need some advice, please read this thread as that was where it started, there you will find some details.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24543123#post24543123

My question is can I mix CP with Paraguard? It is not practical for me to remove the fish from the main display as they are many and some very large. Hence I have to treat the main display even though I know I shouldn't.

I have removed all inverts, maybe there is a starfish or shrimp or two left but I am not sure.

Please advice, I am getting worried. Some of these big tangs that I have got has been with me for over 10 years and I love them and do not want to loose any.

Dmorty217
05/27/2016, 01:41 PM
Yes you can treat CP with paraguard. I am yet to find a med that CP can't be used with.

ThRoewer
05/27/2016, 01:58 PM
I still stand by my previous advice to take one sick fish to the vet for a more definitive microscopic identification of the pathogen(s). With this many fish on the line I would stop the guessing game and blind trials and take a more definitive route, especially since you have already a vet to go to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Paalk
05/27/2016, 04:06 PM
ThRoewer, I wish I could but the vet is way to far away 600 km to be exact and that is just not possible, I have just spoken to her on the phone. I don't even know if there are anymore vets in that field here.

I hate this guessing game too but I don't know what else to do but to try different approaches. I have started to soak food now overnight in Flagyl hope it will give some results,

ThRoewer
05/27/2016, 04:27 PM
Could you mail a fish to the vet?

Dmorty217
05/27/2016, 07:54 PM
Buy yourself a microscope. Post pictures here on what you find. Chicago who is a member recently did this. I agree figuring out what your dealing with is better than just throwing meds at it hoping for the best. You are doing all you can at this point, so I get that too